On the Hill video report: Getting heavy at Copper Mountain
February 15, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News sports and outdoor editor Sebastian Foltz tests the heavy stuff at Copper Mountain.
Copper Mountain Resort: Reporting 4 inches of new snow in the last 24 hours.
Explore Summit field report: Snow is starting to get sticky, expect some spring-like conditions .
Weather: 32 degrees at 9 a.m. expected high around 40 degrees.
Liftline status: No line at 9 a.m.
Run of the day: Highline and Formidable
Breakdown: Copper is running all 23 lifts.
Snowcast: NOAA is reporting a chance of snow, mainly before 11 a.m. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 40. Breezy, with a west wind around 24 mph, with gusts as high as 39 mph. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- On The Hill: Sun’s out, fun’s out for slushy spring park laps at Breckenridge (video)
- On The Hill: Breckenridge B-day with the super crew in sunny March (video)
- On The Hill: At the USASA Nationals ski halfpipe with young Axl Bonenberger (snow video)
- On The Hill: Cruising Keystone groomers and side hits with Colorado fitness gurus (video)
- On The Hill: Midnight rider night laps under a nearly full moon at Keystone (video)
- Skier dies at Loveland Ski Area Friday
- High Country Crime: Notorious Aspen con man gets six years
- Owner of Silverthorne’s Everist Materials hopes recent merger will give staff opportunity to grow
- Do you remember the time Ivanka snuck out…
- 660 tons of herring: The Anderson family fishing story, from Summit County to Chignik, Alaska