On the Hill video report: Getting heavy at Copper Mountain
February 15, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News sports and outdoor editor Sebastian Foltz tests the heavy stuff at Copper Mountain.
Copper Mountain Resort: Reporting 4 inches of new snow in the last 24 hours.
Explore Summit field report: Snow is starting to get sticky, expect some spring-like conditions .
Weather: 32 degrees at 9 a.m. expected high around 40 degrees.
Liftline status: No line at 9 a.m.
Run of the day: Highline and Formidable
Breakdown: Copper is running all 23 lifts.
Snowcast: NOAA is reporting a chance of snow, mainly before 11 a.m. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 40. Breezy, with a west wind around 24 mph, with gusts as high as 39 mph. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Amped up: Dillon begins work on $8.4M upgrade to town’s premiere performance venue
- Wolverine returning to Colorado? Federal bureaucracy stands in the way
- Breckenridge-area housing project Trails at Berlin Placer takes 2 steps forward, 1 back
- Summit County crew rescues dog in distress on Ute Pass Trail