On the Hill video report: Getting heavy at Copper Mountain
Ryan Summerlin February 15, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News sports and outdoor editor Sebastian Foltz tests the heavy stuff at Copper Mountain.
Copper Mountain Resort: Reporting 4 inches of new snow in the last 24 hours.
Explore Summit field report: Snow is starting to get sticky, expect some spring-like conditions .
Weather: 32 degrees at 9 a.m. expected high around 40 degrees.
Liftline status: No line at 9 a.m.
Run of the day: Highline and Formidable
Breakdown: Copper is running all 23 lifts.
Snowcast: NOAA is reporting a chance of snow, mainly before 11 a.m. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 40. Breezy, with a west wind around 24 mph, with gusts as high as 39 mph. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Rocky Mountain Underground opens 1st combo ski shop, bar in Breckenridge
- Breckenridge hires Anne Murphy as new open space and trails manager
- Quandary: Learn about the I-70 Traction Law before the snow hits
- Mountain Town News: Booming summers too much of a good thing? (Column)
- Summit County summer months see bumps in lodging and tourism numbers