On the Hill video report: ‘Half Moon’ powder day at Arapahoe Basin Ski Area
February 14, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News reporter Joe Moylan enjoys five inches of fresh snow on Half Moon Glades at A-Basin.
Arapahoe Basin Ski Area: Reporting 5″ of new snow overnight, 10″ in the last 72 hours, powder/packed powder conditions and a 76″ base.
Explore Summit field report: No lines, no waiting and five inches of fresh snow.
Weather: 25 degrees at 9 a.m.
Liftline status: No line at 9 a.m.
Run of the day: Half Moon Glades
Breakdown: A-Basin is running 7 lifts, providing access to all of its green, blue and black terrain, and 84 percent of its expert terrain.
Snowcast: NOAA is calling for chances of snow through Saturday, with a short break in the weather Saturday night. More snow possible beginning Sunday into President’s Day.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- On The Hill: Crushing 11” in April on A-Basin’s East Wall chutes, cliffs and everywhere else (video)
- Off The Hill: On a bike with Z Griff, Part 2: Trestle bike park (video)
- On The Hill: Seth Karlsrud, king of the jungle, in 2017 Red Bull Slopesoakers at Copper edit
- On The Hill: USASA Nationals snowboard slalom with 5-year-old Sloan Alexander (snow video)
- On the Hill video: Celebrate Friday at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- End of an era: Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades
- Breckenridge eatery to serve suspension over employee cocaine bust case
- Colorado River levels mostly unaffected by lastest snowstorm
- Man found dead in Yampa River following extensive search
- Friends of the Lower Blue River welcomes new director