On the Hill video report: ‘Half Moon’ powder day at Arapahoe Basin Ski Area
February 14, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News reporter Joe Moylan enjoys five inches of fresh snow on Half Moon Glades at A-Basin.
Arapahoe Basin Ski Area: Reporting 5″ of new snow overnight, 10″ in the last 72 hours, powder/packed powder conditions and a 76″ base.
Explore Summit field report: No lines, no waiting and five inches of fresh snow.
Weather: 25 degrees at 9 a.m.
Liftline status: No line at 9 a.m.
Run of the day: Half Moon Glades
Breakdown: A-Basin is running 7 lifts, providing access to all of its green, blue and black terrain, and 84 percent of its expert terrain.
Snowcast: NOAA is calling for chances of snow through Saturday, with a short break in the weather Saturday night. More snow possible beginning Sunday into President’s Day.
Trending In: On The Hill
- On The Hill: Backcountry 101 at Mayflower Gulch with Colorado Snowboard Guides (video)
- On The Hill: Riding logs and charging hard on a Winter Park road trip (video)
- On The Hill: Breckenridge Lake Chutes on a bluebird day with fresh snow (video)
- On The Hill: Tour Breckenridge Distillery by fat bike with Z Griff and Ridden (video)
- On The Hill: Shredding Breckenridge Lake Chutes high above mist (video)
- Summit County police blotter: Cop stumbles on freshly-powdered nose
- Lake Tahoe weather: 3+ feet of snow blankets region; power outages begin
- Probation sentence for seven-time DUI offender highlights prosecutors’ frustration over recent law change
- Fremont Recpath receives $4 million in federal funds for construction
- Dog seriously injured after run-in with skier on Tiehack in Aspen