On the Hill video report: Hitting glades and powder stashes at Copper Mountain
January 6, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News sports and outdoor editor Sebastian Foltz heads for powder stashes at Copper Friday Saturday morning.
Copper Mountain: Reporting 1" of new snow overnight—reported at 4:30 a.m.— snow to continue throughout the day.
Explore Summit field report: Chilly in the morning, closer to 3" at time of filming plenty of powder stashes courtesy of overnight winds.
Weather: Snowing cloudy and cold, around 12 degrees.
Liftline status: No lines at 8:30 a.m.
Run of the day: Near Andy's Encore and Collage off of Super Bee.
Breakdown: Copper is running all 23 of their lifts. Minimal lines in East Village. Snow expected throughout the day. Soft and fluffy with wind blown powder stashes
Snowcast: NOAA is calling for snow throughout the day with areas of blowing snow. High near 18. Wind chill values as low as -10. Blustery, with a west northwest wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible. Tonight: Snow with areas of blowing snow. Low around -8. Wind chill values as low as -31. Blustery, with a west northwest wind 14 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- Colorado 14er for sale: Buy Culebra Peak in the Sangre de Cristo Range for $105 million
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Summit County visitor captures possible mountain lion screams on video in Keystone
- After 30-foot tumble off Mount Royal, 73-year-old woman able to shake it off
- Photos: Peak 2 Fire burn area update