On the Hill video report: Hitting glades and powder stashes at Copper Mountain
January 6, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News sports and outdoor editor Sebastian Foltz heads for powder stashes at Copper Friday Saturday morning.
Copper Mountain: Reporting 1" of new snow overnight—reported at 4:30 a.m.— snow to continue throughout the day.
Explore Summit field report: Chilly in the morning, closer to 3" at time of filming plenty of powder stashes courtesy of overnight winds.
Weather: Snowing cloudy and cold, around 12 degrees.
Liftline status: No lines at 8:30 a.m.
Run of the day: Near Andy's Encore and Collage off of Super Bee.
Breakdown: Copper is running all 23 of their lifts. Minimal lines in East Village. Snow expected throughout the day. Soft and fluffy with wind blown powder stashes
Snowcast: NOAA is calling for snow throughout the day with areas of blowing snow. High near 18. Wind chill values as low as -10. Blustery, with a west northwest wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible. Tonight: Snow with areas of blowing snow. Low around -8. Wind chill values as low as -31. Blustery, with a west northwest wind 14 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- On The Hill: Smashing turns at the 2017 Slash and Burn banked slalom in Steamboat (video)
- On The Hill: 8″ of fresh March snow across Summit County, get it! (video)
- On The Hill: Spring pow and a break in the clouds at Copper Mountain (video)
- On The Hill: Backcountry 101 at Mayflower Gulch with Colorado Snowboard Guides (video)
- On The Hill: Cruising Keystone groomers and side hits with Colorado fitness gurus (video)
- Clear Creek coroner: Loveland Ski Area ski patrol mishandled dead skier’s body
- Skier dies at Loveland Ski Area Friday
- Report: Faulty hardware, ‘human error’ led to fatal Flight for Life crash in Frisco
- Breckenridge roundabout and trolley updates hope to lessen congestion woes
- Wolf Creek Ski Area death March 25 confirmed as state’s 12th