On the Hill video report: Powder day at Arapahoe Basin Ski Area
March 3, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News reporter Joe Moylan skis David’s Run after an eight-inch storm at A-Basin.
Arapahoe Basin Ski Area: Reporting 8″ of new snow overnight, 16″ in the last 72 hours, powder/packed powder conditions and an 80″ base.
Explore Summit field report: Powder day.
Weather: 20 degrees at 9 a.m.
Liftline status: Big line at 9 a.m.
Run of the day: David’s Run
Breakdown: A-Basin is running 8 lifts, providing access to all of its green, blue and black terrain, and 100 percent of its expert terrain.
Snowcast: NOAA is calling for snow through Wednesday. Accumulations are expected to be on the low side.
Trending In: On The Hill
- On The Hill: Backcountry 101 at Mayflower Gulch with Colorado Snowboard Guides (video)
- On The Hill: Backcountry 201 at Mayflower Gulch with Weston and Colorado Snowboard Guides (video)
- On The Hill: Riding logs and charging hard on a Winter Park road trip (video)
- On The Hill: Tour Breckenridge Distillery by fat bike with Z Griff and Ridden (video)
- On The Hill: Shredding Breckenridge Lake Chutes high above mist (video)
- Six-story hotel proposal hopes to “put Dillon on the map”
- Male skier, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Probation sentence for seven-time DUI offender highlights prosecutors’ frustration over recent law change
- Lake Tahoe weather: 3+ feet of snow blankets region; power outages begin
- Trump administration puts recreational marijuana in crosshairs