On the Hill video report: Powder day at Arapahoe Basin Ski Area
Ryan Summerlin March 3, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News reporter Joe Moylan skis David’s Run after an eight-inch storm at A-Basin.
Arapahoe Basin Ski Area: Reporting 8″ of new snow overnight, 16″ in the last 72 hours, powder/packed powder conditions and an 80″ base.
Explore Summit field report: Powder day.
Weather: 20 degrees at 9 a.m.
Liftline status: Big line at 9 a.m.
Run of the day: David’s Run
Breakdown: A-Basin is running 8 lifts, providing access to all of its green, blue and black terrain, and 100 percent of its expert terrain.
Snowcast: NOAA is calling for snow through Wednesday. Accumulations are expected to be on the low side.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Rocky Mountain Underground opens 1st combo ski shop, bar in Breckenridge
- Breckenridge hires Anne Murphy as new open space and trails manager
- Quandary: Learn about the I-70 Traction Law before the snow hits
- Mountain Town News: Booming summers too much of a good thing? (Column)
- Summit County summer months see bumps in lodging and tourism numbers