On the Hill video report: Powder day at Arapahoe Basin Ski Area
March 3, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News reporter Joe Moylan skis David’s Run after an eight-inch storm at A-Basin.
Arapahoe Basin Ski Area: Reporting 8″ of new snow overnight, 16″ in the last 72 hours, powder/packed powder conditions and an 80″ base.
Explore Summit field report: Powder day.
Weather: 20 degrees at 9 a.m.
Liftline status: Big line at 9 a.m.
Run of the day: David’s Run
Breakdown: A-Basin is running 8 lifts, providing access to all of its green, blue and black terrain, and 100 percent of its expert terrain.
Snowcast: NOAA is calling for snow through Wednesday. Accumulations are expected to be on the low side.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- On The Hill: Crushing 11” in April on A-Basin’s East Wall chutes, cliffs and everywhere else (video)
- On The Hill: Seth Karlsrud, king of the jungle, in 2017 Red Bull Slopesoakers at Copper edit
- On The Hill: USASA Nationals snowboard slalom with 5-year-old Sloan Alexander (snow video)
- On the Hill video: Celebrate Friday at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- On the Hill:Ripping with Louisiana snowboard phenom Tyler in Bonanza
- End of an era: Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades
- Breckenridge eatery to serve suspension over employee cocaine bust case
- Friends of the Lower Blue River welcomes new director
- Colorado River levels mostly unaffected by lastest snowstorm
- Summit County slammed by spring storm, I-70 an ‘utter mess’