On the Hill video report: Powder day at Araphoe Basin Ski Area
March 28, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News reporter Joe Moylan hits Pali Main Street on a six-inch powder day at The Legend.
Arapahoe Basin Ski Area: Reporting 6″ of new snow overnight, 6″ in the last 72 hours, packed powder conditions and a 74″ base.
Explore Summit field report: Spring powder day
Weather: 19 degrees at 9 a.m.
Liftline status: No line at 9 a.m.
Run of the day: Pali Main Street
Breakdown: A-Basin is running 7 lifts, providing access to all of its green, blue and black terrain, and 100 percent of its expert terrain. East Wall is closed.
Snowcast: NOAA is calling for 3″ to 5″ of new snow today, with more snow expected overnight and into Friday.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- Off The Hill: On a bike with Z Griff, Part 2: Trestle bike park (video)
- On The Hill: Crushing 11” in April on A-Basin’s East Wall chutes, cliffs and everywhere else (video)
- On The Hill: Seth Karlsrud, king of the jungle, in 2017 Red Bull Slopesoakers at Copper edit
- On The Hill: USASA Nationals snowboard slalom with 5-year-old Sloan Alexander (snow video)
- On the Hill video: Celebrate Friday at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- End of an era: Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades
- Vail Resorts, Summit County strike deal on Keystone workforce housing
- Man found dead in Yampa River following extensive search
- Colorado River levels mostly unaffected by lastest snowstorm
- Breckenridge eatery to serve suspension over employee cocaine bust case