On the Hill video report: Powder day at Araphoe Basin Ski Area
March 28, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News reporter Joe Moylan hits Pali Main Street on a six-inch powder day at The Legend.
Arapahoe Basin Ski Area: Reporting 6″ of new snow overnight, 6″ in the last 72 hours, packed powder conditions and a 74″ base.
Explore Summit field report: Spring powder day
Weather: 19 degrees at 9 a.m.
Liftline status: No line at 9 a.m.
Run of the day: Pali Main Street
Breakdown: A-Basin is running 7 lifts, providing access to all of its green, blue and black terrain, and 100 percent of its expert terrain. East Wall is closed.
Snowcast: NOAA is calling for 3″ to 5″ of new snow today, with more snow expected overnight and into Friday.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- On The Hill: Seth Karlsrud, king of the jungle, in 2017 Red Bull Slopesoakers at Copper edit
- On The Hill: 2017 Ullr Fest parade with keg bikes, ski jumps and horned helmets (video)
- On The Hill: A-Basin wins the midweek powder jackpot with 9″ (snow video)
- On The Hill: Crushing 11” in April on A-Basin’s East Wall chutes, cliffs and everywhere else (video)
- On The Hill: Flipping The Wailer at Vail in honor of Ben Hinkley (snow video)
- Frisco’s 10 Mile Music Hall will be biggest venue of its kind in the Rockies, owners say
- Breckenridge ambulance provider stripped of transport rights after spat with county government
- Vail Resorts declines Summit County request to split $300k in housing project costs
- Summit Daily editorial: What happened to Vail Resorts’ $30 million housing pledge?
- Faces of Hope, Part 5: Breckenridge couple learns to live with pain of son’s suicide