On the Hill video report: Season opener of Arapahoe Basin’s Montezuma Bowl
January 13, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News reporter Joe Moylan joins A-Basin COO and VP Alan Henceroth for a preview before the season opener of Montezuma Bowl.
Arapahoe Basin: Reporting 3″ of new snow overnight, 7″ in the last 72 hours, powder/packed powder conditions and a 44″ base.
Explore Summit field report: Drop what you’re doing and get out here. Despite the cold and blustery weather, conditions are epic.
Weather: 5 degrees at 8:30 a.m.
Liftline status: No lines at 8:30 a.m.
Run of the day: Larkspur and Columbine
Breakdown: A-Basin is running seven lifts, providing access to 100 percent of its green, blue and black terrain, and 36 percent of its expert terrain.
Snowcast: NOAA is calling for snow and high winds through Sunday night.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Vail Resorts’ partner submits Keystone workforce housing proposal
- Summit County mulls deed-restriction exceptions
- Summit Daily letters: Frisco Town Council rushes to build superblock on Main Street
- Breckenridge puts new water plant on hold after getting $50 million estimate
- 4 winter sports to burn calories and have a blast