On the Hill video report: Season opener of Arapahoe Basin’s Montezuma Bowl
January 13, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News reporter Joe Moylan joins A-Basin COO and VP Alan Henceroth for a preview before the season opener of Montezuma Bowl.
Arapahoe Basin: Reporting 3″ of new snow overnight, 7″ in the last 72 hours, powder/packed powder conditions and a 44″ base.
Explore Summit field report: Drop what you’re doing and get out here. Despite the cold and blustery weather, conditions are epic.
Weather: 5 degrees at 8:30 a.m.
Liftline status: No lines at 8:30 a.m.
Run of the day: Larkspur and Columbine
Breakdown: A-Basin is running seven lifts, providing access to 100 percent of its green, blue and black terrain, and 36 percent of its expert terrain.
Snowcast: NOAA is calling for snow and high winds through Sunday night.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- On The Hill: Seth Karlsrud, king of the jungle, in 2017 Red Bull Slopesoakers at Copper edit
- On The Hill: Nintendo Switch commercial shoot for Z Griff, The Video Game (video)
- On The Hill: Searching for the space-pow vortex at Wolf Creek (video)
- On The Hill: #TBT to Fourth of July bowl and street art on Independence Day in Breck (video)
- On The Hill: Tour Breckenridge Distillery by fat bike with Z Griff and Ridden (video)
- Silverthorne construction fatality may have been caused by equipment blind spot, inspectors say
- Frisco’s 10 Mile Music Hall will be biggest venue of its kind in the Rockies, owners say
- A sneak peek at the $9 million Silverthorne Performing Arts Center (video, photos)
- Faces of Hope, Part 5: Breckenridge couple learns to live with pain of son’s suicide
- Breckenridge ambulance provider stripped of transport rights after spat with county government