On the Hill video report: Season opener of Arapahoe Basin’s Montezuma Bowl
January 13, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News reporter Joe Moylan joins A-Basin COO and VP Alan Henceroth for a preview before the season opener of Montezuma Bowl.
Arapahoe Basin: Reporting 3″ of new snow overnight, 7″ in the last 72 hours, powder/packed powder conditions and a 44″ base.
Explore Summit field report: Drop what you’re doing and get out here. Despite the cold and blustery weather, conditions are epic.
Weather: 5 degrees at 8:30 a.m.
Liftline status: No lines at 8:30 a.m.
Run of the day: Larkspur and Columbine
Breakdown: A-Basin is running seven lifts, providing access to 100 percent of its green, blue and black terrain, and 36 percent of its expert terrain.
Snowcast: NOAA is calling for snow and high winds through Sunday night.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- On The Hill: Lapping spring soft serve on a Peak 10 powder day at Breckenridge (video)
- On The Hill: Sayonara to the snowboard season at Copper Mountain (video)
- On The Hill: Seth Karlsrud, king of the jungle, in 2017 Red Bull Slopesoakers at Copper edit
- On The Hill: Windy Peak 8 summit hike to get the goods at Snow White (video)
- Colorado 14er for sale: Buy Culebra Peak in the Sangre de Cristo Range for $105 million
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Summit County visitor captures possible mountain lion screams on video in Keystone
- Photos: Peak 2 Fire burn area update
- After 30-foot tumble off Mount Royal, 73-year-old woman able to shake it off