On the Hill video report: Season opener of Arapahoe Basin’s Montezuma Bowl
January 13, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News reporter Joe Moylan joins A-Basin COO and VP Alan Henceroth for a preview before the season opener of Montezuma Bowl.
Arapahoe Basin: Reporting 3″ of new snow overnight, 7″ in the last 72 hours, powder/packed powder conditions and a 44″ base.
Explore Summit field report: Drop what you’re doing and get out here. Despite the cold and blustery weather, conditions are epic.
Weather: 5 degrees at 8:30 a.m.
Liftline status: No lines at 8:30 a.m.
Run of the day: Larkspur and Columbine
Breakdown: A-Basin is running seven lifts, providing access to 100 percent of its green, blue and black terrain, and 36 percent of its expert terrain.
Snowcast: NOAA is calling for snow and high winds through Sunday night.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- On The Hill: 2017 Ullr Fest parade with keg bikes, ski jumps and horned helmets (video)
- On The Hill: BONUS Whale’s Tail footage with a snow tornado (video)
- On The Hill: Chasing kinky waterfalls at the final Breck Friday Throwdown park jam (video)
- On The Hill: Crushing 11” in April on A-Basin’s East Wall chutes, cliffs and everywhere else (video)
- On The Hill: Seth Karlsrud, king of the jungle, in 2017 Red Bull Slopesoakers at Copper edit
- Faces of Hope, Part 1: Frisco mother still coming to terms with her son’s 2006 suicide
- Summit High School honors seven ’17 senior scholars
- Historic Frisco cabin to be disassembled after sagging under years of snow
- Peak School in Frisco awards diplomas to first graduating class
- Frisco Colorado BBQ Challenge music lineup announced