On the Hill video report: Seven fresh and counting at Arapahoe Basin
Ryan Summerlin February 11, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News sports and outdoor editor Sebastian Foltz heads up to A Basin for the Beacon Bowl
Arapahoe Basin Ski Area: Reporting 7” of new snow in the past 24 hours. 4-8” of snow expected during the day with a high of 23 degrees.
Explore Summit field report: Snow depths may be approaching sick. It’s going to be a killer weekend. 7″ and counting. Smart money is on calling in sick Monday and charging some fresh while those less savvy get back to work.
Weather: Around 18 degrees at 9 a.m.
Liftline status: Minimal at 9 a.m.
Run of the day: Lenaway Chair to West Wall
Breakdown: A Basin is near 100% open. Montezuma lift and bowl are open.
Snowcast: NOAA is calling for snow with areas of blowing snow. High near 25. Total daytime snow accumulation of 2 to 5 inches possible. Winter storm warning in effect beginning Friday evening and running through the day Sunday
Trending In: On The Hill
- Rocky Mountain Underground opens 1st combo ski shop, bar in Breckenridge
- Breckenridge hires Anne Murphy as new open space and trails manager
- Letters: Breck Ski Resort COO talks parking improvements, Frisco residents concerned over zoning
- Quandary: Learn about the I-70 Traction Law before the snow hits
- Mountain Town News: Booming summers too much of a good thing? (Column)