On the Hill video report: Seven fresh and counting at Arapahoe Basin
February 11, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News sports and outdoor editor Sebastian Foltz heads up to A Basin for the Beacon Bowl
Arapahoe Basin Ski Area: Reporting 7" of new snow in the past 24 hours. 4-8" of snow expected during the day with a high of 23 degrees.
Explore Summit field report: Snow depths may be approaching sick. It’s going to be a killer weekend. 7″ and counting. Smart money is on calling in sick Monday and charging some fresh while those less savvy get back to work.
Weather: Around 18 degrees at 9 a.m.
Liftline status: Minimal at 9 a.m.
Run of the day: Lenaway Chair to West Wall
Breakdown: A Basin is near 100% open. Montezuma lift and bowl are open.
Snowcast: NOAA is calling for snow with areas of blowing snow. High near 25. Total daytime snow accumulation of 2 to 5 inches possible. Winter storm warning in effect beginning Friday evening and running through the day Sunday
Trending In: On The Hill
- On The Hill: Riding logs and charging hard on a Winter Park road trip (video)
- On The Hill: Breckenridge Lake Chutes on a bluebird day with fresh snow (video)
- On The Hill: A-Basin wins the midweek powder jackpot with 9″ (snow video)
- On The Hill: Pow surfing the backyard stash on the Soul Motion (video)
- On The Hill: Shredding Breckenridge Lake Chutes high above mist (video)
- Summit County police blotter: Cop stumbles on freshly-powdered nose
- Lake Tahoe weather: 3+ feet of snow blankets region; power outages begin
- Fremont Recpath receives $4 million in federal funds for construction
- ‘Unstable’ man attacks Aspen police with razor blades
- Take 5: Life of a Copper Mountain avalanche rescue dog