On the Hill video report: Skiing Norway Mountain at Arapahoe Basin Ski Resort
Ryan Summerlin February 16, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News reporter Joe Moylan enjoys a holiday top to bottom cruiser at A-Basin.
Arapahoe Basin Ski Area: Reporting 1″ of new snow overnight, 13″ in the last 72 hours, packed powder conditions and a 79″ base.
Explore Summit field report: A lot of soft lines to be had despite the holiday rush.
Weather: 31 degrees at 9 a.m.
Liftline status: Big line at 9 a.m.
Run of the day: Norway Mountain to High Noon.
Breakdown: A-Basin is running 8 lifts, providing access to all of its green, blue and black terrain, and 84 percent of its expert terrain.
Snowcast: NOAA is calling for snow today, tonight and possibly into Monday. More snow in the forecast beginning Wednesday.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Suicide rate in Summit County reaching record levels
- Best fall hikes for aspen leaves in Summit County (before they’re gone!)
- Letters: Breck Ski Resort COO talks parking improvements, Frisco residents concerned over zoning
- Election 2016: Health care professionals raise concerns about Amendment 69; supporters say it will cure state’s health care ills
- Rocky Mountain Underground opens 1st combo ski shop, bar in Breckenridge