On the Hill video report: Snowing heavily at Copper Mountain
March 7, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News sports and outdoor editor Sebastian Foltz hits the start of a storm at Copper Mountain.
Copper Mountain Resort: Copper is reporting 0 inches of new snow this morning, but 3 to 6 inches expected through the day. Snowcat operations expected on Tucker Ridge starting at 10 a.m.
Summit field report: Already close to an inch with more on the way. It's snowing pretty heavily this morning. Visibility comes and goes.
Weather: Mid 20's at 9 a.m.
Liftline status: Noline at 9 a.m.
Run of the day: Andy's Encore
Breakdown: Copper is running all 23 lifts with snowcat expected to run at 10 a.m.
Snowcast: NOAA is calling for temperatures to fall to around 23 by 5 p.m. Northwest wind 7 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible. Winter Storm Warning in effect until 5 a.m. Saturday morning, March 8. Tonight: snow, mainly before 5 a.m. Low around 14. North northwest wind 6 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible. Saturday: 30 percent chance of snow, mainly before 8am. Mostly sunny, with a high near 27. Northwest wind 6 to 9 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- Summit County police blotter: Trouble with “Mexican Mafia” prompts jewelry theft
- Colorado’s multiplying moose moving eastward, running into people
- Breckenridge ranked second-best small town to visit by U.S. News and World Report
- Summit County board approves West Hills workforce-housing project in Keystone
- Gothard: It’s about safeguarding lives, not power plays (column)