On the Hill video report: Snowing heavily at Copper Mountain
March 7, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News sports and outdoor editor Sebastian Foltz hits the start of a storm at Copper Mountain.
Copper Mountain Resort: Copper is reporting 0 inches of new snow this morning, but 3 to 6 inches expected through the day. Snowcat operations expected on Tucker Ridge starting at 10 a.m.
Summit field report: Already close to an inch with more on the way. It's snowing pretty heavily this morning. Visibility comes and goes.
Weather: Mid 20's at 9 a.m.
Liftline status: Noline at 9 a.m.
Run of the day: Andy's Encore
Breakdown: Copper is running all 23 lifts with snowcat expected to run at 10 a.m.
Snowcast: NOAA is calling for temperatures to fall to around 23 by 5 p.m. Northwest wind 7 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible. Winter Storm Warning in effect until 5 a.m. Saturday morning, March 8. Tonight: snow, mainly before 5 a.m. Low around 14. North northwest wind 6 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible. Saturday: 30 percent chance of snow, mainly before 8am. Mostly sunny, with a high near 27. Northwest wind 6 to 9 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- On The Hill: Smashing turns at the 2017 Slash and Burn banked slalom in Steamboat (video)
- On The Hill: 8″ of fresh March snow across Summit County, get it! (video)
- On The Hill: Spring pow and a break in the clouds at Copper Mountain (video)
- On The Hill: Backcountry 101 at Mayflower Gulch with Colorado Snowboard Guides (video)
- On The Hill: Cruising Keystone groomers and side hits with Colorado fitness gurus (video)
- Clear Creek coroner: Loveland Ski Area ski patrol mishandled dead skier’s body
- Skier dies at Loveland Ski Area Friday
- Report: Faulty hardware, ‘human error’ led to fatal Flight for Life crash in Frisco
- Breckenridge roundabout and trolley updates hope to lessen congestion woes
- Wolf Creek Ski Area death March 25 confirmed as state’s 12th