On the Hill video report: Storm’s coming, 3” already at Copper
February 11, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News sports and outdoor editor Sebastian Foltz checks in from Copper Mountain
Copper Mountain Resort: Ski Patrol is reporting 3" of new snow in the past 24 hours, 5" in the past 72 hours, and 11" in the last week. 1-2" of snow expected during the day with a high of 20 degrees.
Explore Summit field report: Right around 3" of fresh. It's soft and fluffy out there with more on the way.
Weather: Around 16 degrees at 9 a.m.
Liftline status: No line at 9 a.m.
Run of the day: Sierra chair to Revenge
Breakdown: Copper is running 23 lifts, providing access to 140 trails and 2,163 skiable acres.
Snowcast: NOAA is calling for snow. Cloudy, with a high near 21. Wind chill values as low as -1. Breezy, with a west wind 15 to 23 mph, and gusts up to 36 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible. Tonight: Snow with areas of blowing snow. Low around 11. Wind chill values as low as -8. Windy, with a west wind 22 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 38 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible. Winter storm warning in effect beginning Friday evening
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- On The Hill: Smashing turns at the 2017 Slash and Burn banked slalom in Steamboat (video)
- On The Hill: 8″ of fresh March snow across Summit County, get it! (video)
- On The Hill: Cruising Keystone groomers and side hits with Colorado fitness gurus (video)
- On The Hill: A-Basin wins the midweek powder jackpot with 9″ (snow video)
- On The Hill: Backcountry 101 at Mayflower Gulch with Colorado Snowboard Guides (video)