On the Hill video report: Storm’s coming, 3” already at Copper
February 11, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News sports and outdoor editor Sebastian Foltz checks in from Copper Mountain
Copper Mountain Resort: Ski Patrol is reporting 3" of new snow in the past 24 hours, 5" in the past 72 hours, and 11" in the last week. 1-2" of snow expected during the day with a high of 20 degrees.
Explore Summit field report: Right around 3" of fresh. It's soft and fluffy out there with more on the way.
Weather: Around 16 degrees at 9 a.m.
Liftline status: No line at 9 a.m.
Run of the day: Sierra chair to Revenge
Breakdown: Copper is running 23 lifts, providing access to 140 trails and 2,163 skiable acres.
Snowcast: NOAA is calling for snow. Cloudy, with a high near 21. Wind chill values as low as -1. Breezy, with a west wind 15 to 23 mph, and gusts up to 36 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible. Tonight: Snow with areas of blowing snow. Low around 11. Wind chill values as low as -8. Windy, with a west wind 22 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 38 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible. Winter storm warning in effect beginning Friday evening
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- On The Hill: Sledding the old-school Silver Streak at Carter Park (video)
- On The Hill: Face shots off Falcon Chair with no one else in sight (video)
- On The Hill: Last call for Breckenridge Park Lane laps with the family (video)
- On The Hill: Riding logs and charging hard on a Winter Park road trip (video)
- On The Hill: Seth Karlsrud, king of the jungle, in 2017 Red Bull Slopesoakers at Copper edit
- Vail Resorts, Summit County strike deal on Keystone workforce housing
- Faces of Hope, Part 1: Frisco mother still coming to terms with her son’s 2006 suicide
- Summit County police blotter: Woman unfazed by bee swarm inside her car
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area to extend season with bonus weekend
- I-70 road update: Eastbound now open at Vail Pass after crash