On the Hill video report: Sunny skies and high winds at Breckenridge, Grand Prix finals delayed
January 11, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News sports and outdoor editor Sebastian Foltz checks in from the base of the Grand Prix course at Peak 8 in Breckenridge on a Saturday morning.
Explore Summit field report: It's a windy one at Breckenridge. Blue skies and sun for now. The next weather system is to come through this evening and into Sunday.
Weather: Sunny with consistent winds, high of 30 expected.
Liftline status: Likely setting up for a crowded Saturday
Run of the day: Peak 8 base area.
Breakdown: Breckenridge is reporting 33 of 34 lifts expected to open with 2382 acres of terrain.
Snowcast: NOAA is calling for mostly cloudy skies, with a high near 33. Breezy, with a west wind around 23 mph, with gusts as high as 37 mph.
A chance of snow before 11p.m. tonight, then snow likely with areas of blowing snow after 11 p.m. Cloudy, with a low around 16. Breezy, with a west wind 18 to 24 mph, with gusts as high as 38 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
Winter Weather Advisory is in effect until January 12, 12:00 AM MST
Winter Storm Watch in effect from January 12, 12:00 AM MST until January 13, 11:00 AM MST
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- Amped up: Dillon begins work on $8.4M upgrade to town’s premiere performance venue
- Wolverine returning to Colorado? Federal bureaucracy stands in the way
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Mountain Wheels: Second-generation Subaru Crosstrek aims at outdoorspeople (column)
- Breckenridge unveils new Alpine Camp at Epic Discovery fun park