On the Hill video report: The snow keeps coming at Copper Mountain Resort
February 11, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News sports and outdoor editor Sebastian Foltz gets in to some fresh at Copper Mountain Resort
Copper Mountain Resort: Reporting 8" of new snow, 13 inches in the past 48 hours. Snow will continue throughout the day and into tomorrow with a Winter Storm Warning issued by the National Weather Service until tomorrow morning. Tucker Mountain is expected to be open today with cat access, weather dependent. Winds expected and temps in the low 20's.
Explore Summit field report: Not so sure about the 8 fresh inches, but there is a solid 4 or 5 inches of new snow. Snow continuing through the morning. Winds weren't too bad. Get out there and get after it, should be a great couple days.
Weather: Around 22 degrees at 9 a.m.
Liftline status: Minimal at 9 a.m.
Run of the day: Super Bee Chair to Hallelujah and 17 Glade
Breakdown: Copper is planning to have all lifts up and running including the Tucker Mountain snowcat
Snowcast: NOAA is calling for snow with areas of blowing snow, high near 32. Windy, with a west wind 26 to 28 mph, with gusts as high as 47 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible. Tonight: Snow with areas of blowing snow. Low around 18. Breezy, with a west wind 17 to 23 mph, with gusts as high as 38 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- Off The Hill: On a bike with Z Griff, Part 2: Trestle bike park (video)
- On The Hill: Crushing 11” in April on A-Basin’s East Wall chutes, cliffs and everywhere else (video)
- On The Hill: Seth Karlsrud, king of the jungle, in 2017 Red Bull Slopesoakers at Copper edit
- On The Hill: USASA Nationals snowboard slalom with 5-year-old Sloan Alexander (snow video)
- On the Hill video: Celebrate Friday at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- End of an era: Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades
- Vail Resorts, Summit County strike deal on Keystone workforce housing
- Man found dead in Yampa River following extensive search
- Colorado River levels mostly unaffected by lastest snowstorm
- Breckenridge eatery to serve suspension over employee cocaine bust case