On the Hill video report: The snow keeps coming at Copper Mountain Resort
February 11, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News sports and outdoor editor Sebastian Foltz gets in to some fresh at Copper Mountain Resort
Copper Mountain Resort: Reporting 8" of new snow, 13 inches in the past 48 hours. Snow will continue throughout the day and into tomorrow with a Winter Storm Warning issued by the National Weather Service until tomorrow morning. Tucker Mountain is expected to be open today with cat access, weather dependent. Winds expected and temps in the low 20's.
Explore Summit field report: Not so sure about the 8 fresh inches, but there is a solid 4 or 5 inches of new snow. Snow continuing through the morning. Winds weren't too bad. Get out there and get after it, should be a great couple days.
Weather: Around 22 degrees at 9 a.m.
Liftline status: Minimal at 9 a.m.
Run of the day: Super Bee Chair to Hallelujah and 17 Glade
Breakdown: Copper is planning to have all lifts up and running including the Tucker Mountain snowcat
Snowcast: NOAA is calling for snow with areas of blowing snow, high near 32. Windy, with a west wind 26 to 28 mph, with gusts as high as 47 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible. Tonight: Snow with areas of blowing snow. Low around 18. Breezy, with a west wind 17 to 23 mph, with gusts as high as 38 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
Trending In: On The Hill
- On The Hill: Backcountry 101 at Mayflower Gulch with Colorado Snowboard Guides (video)
- On The Hill: Riding logs and charging hard on a Winter Park road trip (video)
- On The Hill: Breckenridge Lake Chutes on a bluebird day with fresh snow (video)
- On The Hill: Tour Breckenridge Distillery by fat bike with Z Griff and Ridden (video)
- On The Hill: Shredding Breckenridge Lake Chutes high above mist (video)
- Summit County police blotter: Cop stumbles on freshly-powdered nose
- Lake Tahoe weather: 3+ feet of snow blankets region; power outages begin
- Probation sentence for seven-time DUI offender highlights prosecutors’ frustration over recent law change
- Fremont Recpath receives $4 million in federal funds for construction
- Dog seriously injured after run-in with skier on Tiehack in Aspen