On the Hill video report: Two fresh inches at Breckenridge Ski Resort
January 11, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News sports and outdoors editor Sebastian Foltz takes on some moguls at Breck
Breckenridge Ski Resort: Reporting 2″ of new snow overnight, 9″ in the last 48 hours, 25″ in the last week
Explore Summit field report: Around 2″ of new snow. It’s soft and fluffy out there with more on the way. Patrol was blasting on the upper mountain.
Weather:High of 31 degrees expected with temperatures falling in the afternoon. Snow expected overnight and through the weekend.
Liftline status: Short line at 9 a.m.
Run of the day: High Anxiety
Breakdown: Breckenridge is running 31 of 34 lifts, providing access to 157 of 187 runs, or 2382 of 2908 skiable acres
Snowcast: NOAA is calling for snow showers through Sunday night with overnight accumulations estimated between one to three inches.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- On The Hill: Sledding the old-school Silver Streak at Carter Park (video)
- On The Hill: Face shots off Falcon Chair with no one else in sight (video)
- On The Hill: Last call for Breckenridge Park Lane laps with the family (video)
- On The Hill: Riding logs and charging hard on a Winter Park road trip (video)
- Vail Resorts, Summit County strike deal on Keystone workforce housing
- Summit County police blotter: Woman unfazed by bee swarm inside her car
- I-70 road update: Eastbound now open at Vail Pass after crash
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area to extend season with bonus weekend
- End of an era: Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades