On the Hill video report: Two fresh inches at Breckenridge Ski Resort
January 11, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News sports and outdoors editor Sebastian Foltz takes on some moguls at Breck
Breckenridge Ski Resort: Reporting 2″ of new snow overnight, 9″ in the last 48 hours, 25″ in the last week
Explore Summit field report: Around 2″ of new snow. It’s soft and fluffy out there with more on the way. Patrol was blasting on the upper mountain.
Weather:High of 31 degrees expected with temperatures falling in the afternoon. Snow expected overnight and through the weekend.
Liftline status: Short line at 9 a.m.
Run of the day: High Anxiety
Breakdown: Breckenridge is running 31 of 34 lifts, providing access to 157 of 187 runs, or 2382 of 2908 skiable acres
Snowcast: NOAA is calling for snow showers through Sunday night with overnight accumulations estimated between one to three inches.
Trending In: On The Hill
- On the Hill video: Backcountry runs on Vail Pass
- On The Hill: Tour Breckenridge Distillery by fat bike with Z Griff and Ridden (video)
- On The Hill: Shredding Breckenridge Lake Chutes high above mist (video)
- On The Hill: MakingTurns Vol. 2, the next backcountry guide from Fritz Sperry (video)
- On The Hill: Breck buys breakfast and first tracks for pass holders (video)
- Breckenridge police issued shelter in place warning due to barricarded individual
- Smell of weed in Denver leads feds to bust of Nebraska marijuana network
- After devastating injuries, Chris Hawks returns to the slopes as a coach
- Healthy economy, cheap gas prices mean more trips to Summit — and more traffic fatalities
- Mountain Town News: Snow and ice can kill just outside your door (column)