On the Hill video report: Two fresh inches at Breckenridge Ski Resort
Ryan Summerlin January 11, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News sports and outdoors editor Sebastian Foltz takes on some moguls at Breck
Breckenridge Ski Resort: Reporting 2″ of new snow overnight, 9″ in the last 48 hours, 25″ in the last week
Explore Summit field report: Around 2″ of new snow. It’s soft and fluffy out there with more on the way. Patrol was blasting on the upper mountain.
Weather:High of 31 degrees expected with temperatures falling in the afternoon. Snow expected overnight and through the weekend.
Liftline status: Short line at 9 a.m.
Run of the day: High Anxiety
Breakdown: Breckenridge is running 31 of 34 lifts, providing access to 157 of 187 runs, or 2382 of 2908 skiable acres
Snowcast: NOAA is calling for snow showers through Sunday night with overnight accumulations estimated between one to three inches.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Rocky Mountain Underground opens 1st combo ski shop, bar in Breckenridge
- Breckenridge hires Anne Murphy as new open space and trails manager
- Letters: Breck Ski Resort COO talks parking improvements, Frisco residents concerned over zoning
- Mountain Town News: Booming summers too much of a good thing? (Column)
- Suicide rate in Summit County reaching record levels