On the Hill video report: Watching the clouds roll in at Keystone Resort
March 27, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News copy editor Heather Jarvis cruises on some soft snow while waiting for the rain.
Keystone Resort: Reporting 0″ of new snow in the last 24, 0″ in the last 48 hours, 4″ in the last 7 days, packed powder conditions and a 64″ base.
Explore Summit field report: The coulds are starting to roll in, but the snow is soft, and the mountain is nice and empty.
Weather: 22 degrees at 9 a.m., feels warm out, should get cloudier as the day goes on.
Liftline status: No line, mountain is empty.
Run of the day:HooDoo to Haywood
Breakdown: Keystone is running 19 of 20 lifts, providing access to 100 percent of its 3,148 acres.
Snowcast: NOAA is calling for a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 3 p.m. Partly sunny, with a high near 45. Breezy, with a west soutwest wind 9 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph.
Trending In: On The Hill
- On The Hill: Riding logs and charging hard on a Winter Park road trip (video)
- On The Hill: Breckenridge Lake Chutes on a bluebird day with fresh snow (video)
- On The Hill: A-Basin wins the midweek powder jackpot with 9″ (snow video)
- On The Hill: Pow surfing the backyard stash on the Soul Motion (video)
- On The Hill: Shredding Breckenridge Lake Chutes high above mist (video)
- Summit County police blotter: Cop stumbles on freshly-powdered nose
- Lake Tahoe weather: 3+ feet of snow blankets region; power outages begin
- Fremont Recpath receives $4 million in federal funds for construction
- ‘Unstable’ man attacks Aspen police with razor blades
- Take 5: Life of a Copper Mountain avalanche rescue dog