On the Hill: Warm and sunny turns at A-Basin
January 27, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News reporter Joe Moylan hits a groomed Slalom Slope at Arapahoe Basin.
Arapahoe Basin Ski Area: Reporting 0″ of new snow overnight, 0″ in the last 72 hours, packed powder conditions and a 46″ base.
Explore Summit field report: Good day for groomers with no new snow.
Weather: 25 degrees at 10 a.m., should be a gorgeous day with highs in the low-30s.
Liftline status: Big line at 10 a.m. at Lenawee, no line at Pallavicini.
Run of the day: Slalom Slope
Breakdown: A-Basin is running 8 lifts, providing access to all of its green, blue and black terrain, and 84 percent of its expert terrain.
Snowcast: NOAA is calling for sunny skies, with a high near 33. Breezy, with a west northwest wind 9 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph. Snow likely overnight, mainly after midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 9. Wind chill values as low as -5. West wind 10 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- After years of hiding, Summit County sheriff’s deputy proudly comes out as transgender
- The people of Summit County have spoken: They want a Chick-fil-A
- Summit County visitor captures possible mountain lion screams on video in Keystone
- Vail Resorts unhappy as Breckenridge eyes $8.9 million parking garage for Tiger Dredge
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time