On the Hill: Warm and sunny turns at A-Basin
January 27, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News reporter Joe Moylan hits a groomed Slalom Slope at Arapahoe Basin.
Arapahoe Basin Ski Area: Reporting 0″ of new snow overnight, 0″ in the last 72 hours, packed powder conditions and a 46″ base.
Explore Summit field report: Good day for groomers with no new snow.
Weather: 25 degrees at 10 a.m., should be a gorgeous day with highs in the low-30s.
Liftline status: Big line at 10 a.m. at Lenawee, no line at Pallavicini.
Run of the day: Slalom Slope
Breakdown: A-Basin is running 8 lifts, providing access to all of its green, blue and black terrain, and 84 percent of its expert terrain.
Snowcast: NOAA is calling for sunny skies, with a high near 33. Breezy, with a west northwest wind 9 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph. Snow likely overnight, mainly after midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 9. Wind chill values as low as -5. West wind 10 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- On The Hill: 2017 Ullr Fest parade with keg bikes, ski jumps and horned helmets (video)
- On The Hill: BONUS Whale’s Tail footage with a snow tornado (video)
- On The Hill: Chasing kinky waterfalls at the final Breck Friday Throwdown park jam (video)
- On The Hill: Crushing 11” in April on A-Basin’s East Wall chutes, cliffs and everywhere else (video)
- On The Hill: Seth Karlsrud, king of the jungle, in 2017 Red Bull Slopesoakers at Copper edit
- Faces of Hope, Part 1: Frisco mother still coming to terms with her son’s 2006 suicide
- Summit High School honors seven ’17 senior scholars
- Historic Frisco cabin to be disassembled after sagging under years of snow
- Peak School in Frisco awards diplomas to first graduating class
- Frisco Colorado BBQ Challenge music lineup announced