On the Hill: Warm and sunny turns at A-Basin
January 27, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News reporter Joe Moylan hits a groomed Slalom Slope at Arapahoe Basin.
Arapahoe Basin Ski Area: Reporting 0″ of new snow overnight, 0″ in the last 72 hours, packed powder conditions and a 46″ base.
Explore Summit field report: Good day for groomers with no new snow.
Weather: 25 degrees at 10 a.m., should be a gorgeous day with highs in the low-30s.
Liftline status: Big line at 10 a.m. at Lenawee, no line at Pallavicini.
Run of the day: Slalom Slope
Breakdown: A-Basin is running 8 lifts, providing access to all of its green, blue and black terrain, and 84 percent of its expert terrain.
Snowcast: NOAA is calling for sunny skies, with a high near 33. Breezy, with a west northwest wind 9 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph. Snow likely overnight, mainly after midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 9. Wind chill values as low as -5. West wind 10 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
Trending In: On The Hill
- On The Hill: Winter storm warning in effect *finally* for Breckenridge (video)
- On The Hill: Backcountry 201 at Mayflower Gulch with Weston and Colorado Snowboard Guides (video)
- On The Hill: Backcountry 101 at Mayflower Gulch with Colorado Snowboard Guides (video)
- On The Hill: Riding logs and charging hard on a Winter Park road trip (video)
- On The Hill: Breckenridge Lake Chutes on a bluebird day with fresh snow (video)
- Summit community comes together to support Flight For Life Nurse Dave Repsher (video)
- Male skier, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Buried alive: Colorado Rapid Avalanche Deployment team inches closer to standard avy dog training
- How snowboarding set the evolution of winter sports back three decades (column)
- A mission, a milestone: Seven mountains at 70 years old