Solar selfies: Summit County and the Great American Eclipse
August 23, 2017
There is nothing more fabulous than sporting a pair of the hottest item in August. Eclipse glasses were flying off library shelves and from Amazon warehouses faster than employees can call in sick on a powder day. But just as quickly, this highly coveted item is now just a piece of plastic shoved in the back of the closet with your Furby.
Yes, the eclipse is over, but we still want to see your selfies. Tag us on Instagram @exploresummit and use #SDNselfies, or Twitter @SummitDailyNews, #SDNselfies or send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will compile all your beautiful photos and feature them right here.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Summit
- Top 6 drives to see fall foliage near Breckenridge, Colorado (video)
- Breckenridge Ullr Fest reclaims record for World’s Longest Shot Ski
- Halloween activities for kids and adults in Summit County
- Rain means Colorado mushroom hunting is on
- Summit High School graduate Mandy Moore completes choreography for ‘La La Land’
- Colorado gem hunters are back near Alma mine that was once a mother lode of rhodochrosite, the official state mineral
- Vail Resorts to buy The North Face and Columbia stores in Breckenridge
- Rescued Silverthorne hiker recounts how he survived 80 hours lost in Colorado 14er backcountry
- Mountain town news: As Vail Resorts grows, the numbers remain very flat
- Hate ski boots but love to ski? This Colorado company created a way to allow skiers to wear snowboard boots