Summit County Arts & Entertainment: Tickets to Steamboat, Park City culinary events on sale
January 17, 2014
Tickets to this summer’s Steamboat Wine Fest and Park City Food & Wine Classic are officially on sale. These culinary extravaganzas feature dozens of tastings, seminars, multi-course meals and outdoor hiking and riding excursions in two of the planet’s most scenic mountain settings, all led by some of the world’s best chefs and sommeliers from top restaurants, breweries, wineries and distilleries.
The Steamboat Wine Festival will be held Wednesday, Aug. 6, through Saturday, Aug. 10, in Steamboat Springs. The Park City Food & Wine Classic will take place Wednesday, July 9, through Saturday, July 13, in Park City, Utah.
“At the festival and classic, there are experiences for every sense — taste, smell, sight, touch — and all in settings that take advantage of everything that Steamboat and Park City have to offer,” said Jason Ornstein, wine enthusiast and owner of Team Player Productions, which organizes the festival and classic.
Tickets to each weekend’s “Wine on the Mountain Celebration,” “VIP Toast,” food and wine “Stroll” opening night “Farm to Barn” dinner and closing outdoor “Toast” are all on sale. Prices range from $90 to $165 in Steamboat and $90 to $195 in Park City. Tickets and more information about the events are available at http://www.steamboatwinefestival.com and http://www.parkcityfoodandwineclassic.com.
Watch the playoffs in Frisco, Dillon
Upstairs at Jonny-G’s in Frisco will open at 12:30 p.m. on Sunday, Jan. 19, for the NFL conference championship games. The bar and restaurant has 10 HDTVs, a 70-inch projection screen, a football lounge with couches to watch the games and full surround sound. Jonny-G’s will close the night with Frisco’s only karaoke at 10 p.m. For more information, visit http://www.jonnygs.com.
If you’re in Dillon on Sunday, head to the Dillon Dam Brewery to watch the playoffs. The Dam has 11 TVs and will feature a football menu with items ranging from $4 to $4.50. The New England Patriots face off against the Denver Broncos at 1 p.m., followed by the San Francisco 49ers versus the Seattle Seahawks at 4:30. Visit http://www.dambrewery.com for more information.
Trending In: Explore Summit
- On The Hill: Early-season powder hunting in the Weston kitty (video)
- Summit Right Brain: Photographer Stephen Johnson captures birds in flight, showcases work in Keystone gallery
- Tips for cutting down a Christmas tree and care in Summit County
- Powder Awards hosted in Breckenridge
- Big Beers festival moves to Breckenridge, reorganizes as a nonprofit
- Vail Resorts’ partner submits Keystone workforce housing proposal
- Summit Daily letters: Frisco Town Council rushes to build superblock on Main Street
- Summit County mulls deed-restriction exceptions
- Breckenridge puts new water plant on hold after getting $50 million estimate
- 4 winter sports to burn calories and have a blast