Summit County Arts & Entertainment: Tickets to Steamboat, Park City culinary events on sale
Ryan Summerlin January 17, 2014
Tickets to this summer’s Steamboat Wine Fest and Park City Food & Wine Classic are officially on sale. These culinary extravaganzas feature dozens of tastings, seminars, multi-course meals and outdoor hiking and riding excursions in two of the planet’s most scenic mountain settings, all led by some of the world’s best chefs and sommeliers from top restaurants, breweries, wineries and distilleries.
The Steamboat Wine Festival will be held Wednesday, Aug. 6, through Saturday, Aug. 10, in Steamboat Springs. The Park City Food & Wine Classic will take place Wednesday, July 9, through Saturday, July 13, in Park City, Utah.
“At the festival and classic, there are experiences for every sense — taste, smell, sight, touch — and all in settings that take advantage of everything that Steamboat and Park City have to offer,” said Jason Ornstein, wine enthusiast and owner of Team Player Productions, which organizes the festival and classic.
Tickets to each weekend’s “Wine on the Mountain Celebration,” “VIP Toast,” food and wine “Stroll” opening night “Farm to Barn” dinner and closing outdoor “Toast” are all on sale. Prices range from $90 to $165 in Steamboat and $90 to $195 in Park City. Tickets and more information about the events are available at www.steamboatwinefestival.com and www.parkcityfoodandwineclassic.com.
Watch the playoffs in Frisco, Dillon
Upstairs at Jonny-G’s in Frisco will open at 12:30 p.m. on Sunday, Jan. 19, for the NFL conference championship games. The bar and restaurant has 10 HDTVs, a 70-inch projection screen, a football lounge with couches to watch the games and full surround sound. Jonny-G’s will close the night with Frisco’s only karaoke at 10 p.m. For more information, visit www.jonnygs.com.
If you’re in Dillon on Sunday, head to the Dillon Dam Brewery to watch the playoffs. The Dam has 11 TVs and will feature a football menu with items ranging from $4 to $4.50. The New England Patriots face off against the Denver Broncos at 1 p.m., followed by the San Francisco 49ers versus the Seattle Seahawks at 4:30. Visit www.dambrewery.com for more information.
Trending In: Explore Summit
- The Summit County, Colorado, guide leaf peeping like a scientist
- Colorado Gold Rush History: How seasonal and year-round residents have evolved in Summit County, CO
- This week in Summit County history: Boys arrested for destroying flags
- Right Brain: Photographer Darren Foti runs Summit County Camera Club
- Ganja-preneurs create customized experiences that combine recreation and marijuana
- Suicide rate in Summit County reaching record levels
- Summit School District works toward medical marijuana policy for students
- Kelly Samuels: 1969 – 2016
- Best fall hikes for aspen leaves in Summit County (before they’re gone!)
- Election 2016: Health care professionals raise concerns about Amendment 69; supporters say it will cure state’s health care ills