Summit County restaurant round-up: Distillery hosts scavenger hunt in Breckenridge
December 13, 2013
Distillery hosts scavenger hunt in Breckenridge
With all of the visitors in Summit County for the Dew Tour, the Breckenridge Distillery is rewarding its loyal fans with a scavenger hunt around the town of Breck, Thursday, Dec. 12, through Saturday, Dec. 14.
Each day, the distillery will post a clue on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter between 8 and 11 a.m. This clue will be a photo that hints at the location of a hidden token. Participants can search the area for the Breckenridge Distillery token. The person who finds the daily token can bring it to the tasting room, located in the Blue River Plaza, and redeem it for one bottle of their choice: vodka, bourbon or bitters.
Participants must be 21 or older, and only one winner will be awarded per day. Like the Breckenridge Distillery on Facebook or follow it on Twitter @breckdistillery. For more information about the distillery's products, visit http://www.breckenridgedistillery.com.
Warming Hut carrying Two Guns spirits
Following in a tradition and theme of promoting and working with Breckenridge, Summit County and Colorado companies, The Warming Hut Restaurant in Breckenridge recently announced a joint effort with Two Guns Distillery.
Recommended Stories For You
Two Guns, located at 401 Harrison Ave. in the heart of Leadville, describes its distillery as "an homage to Leadville and its long heritage of whiskey making by whatever means necessary, from the 1880s to the dark days of Prohibition. We tip our hat to those pioneering spirits of the past and to the rugged folks who continue to call this beautiful mountain town home."
The Warming Hut will be the only restaurant in Summit or Eagle counties to feature the 100-proof Two Guns Moonshine. The restaurant will be pouring "Moonshine Mules" in Two Guns copper mugs at the bar for $10 each.
"Not only is Two Guns a unique and delicious whiskey and moonshine, the owners are community involved, as well as amazing artists," wrote Stacey Brooks Connolly, owner of The Warming Hut, in an email. "Warming Hut is proud to be part of this!"
Weekly Alaskan snow crab dinners at Sevens
Sevens Restaurant, located at 1979 Ski Hill Road inside the Grand Lodge on Peak 7, hosts an all-you-can-eat Alaskan snow crab dinner every Wednesday starting at 5 p.m. The special happens year-round.
Sevens offers a family-friendly, casual dining experience and serves as a popular gathering place. The atmosphere at Sevens is one of mountain comfort in a modern setting. The open-air kitchen is nestled between the large dining room and bar, while the sprawling deck is surrounded by mountain views.
Call (970) 496-8910 for pricing, or visit http://www.grandlodgeonpeak7.com for more information.
Is there something new or exciting going on at your restaurant or culinary-related business? Email A&E editor Krista Driscoll at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Summit
- Breckenridge Ullr Fest reclaims record for World’s Longest Shot Ski
- Top 6 drives to see fall foliage near Breckenridge, Colorado (video)
- Halloween activities for kids and adults in Summit County
- Día de los Muertos celebration in Breckenridge offers free activities Oct. 21-23
- Summit High School graduate Mandy Moore completes choreography for ‘La La Land’
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush,’ ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- Vail Resorts to buy The North Face and Columbia stores in Breckenridge
- Hate ski boots but love to ski? This Colorado company created a way to allow skiers to wear snowboard boots
- Frisco workforce-housing project delayed amid rising construction costs
- US beer critic names Frisco’s Outer Range a top new brewery