Video: Denver artist creates mural for outdoor stage at Silverthorne Performing Arts Center
October 5, 2017
Denver artist Mike Graves is in Silverthorne this week at the town’s new Performing Arts Center, spray-painting a mural for the outdoor stage. The artist began the project on Wednesday, and expects to be wrapping up with the work on Friday.
Graves is a multi-disciplinary artist, focusing on a large range of mediums, including paintings, illustrations, murals and art figures, according to his bio. His goal is to paint whimsical, bright character-based work that brings people joy and helps them feel like a child again. His art has been seen in Hawaii, Las Vegas, San Francisco, Phoenix, Miami, Chicago, Denver, Houston, Canada, Australia and the U.K.
The public is invited to stop by the Silverthorne Performing Arts Center during the day to watch his work.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Summit
- LCD Soundsystem, Method Man and Redman, Martin Garrix, Marshmello to play X Games and Belly Up Aspen
- Top 6 drives to see fall foliage near Breckenridge, Colorado (video)
- Breckenridge Ullr Fest reclaims record for World’s Longest Shot Ski
- Halloween activities for kids and adults in Summit County
- Part-time Breckenridge resident and World Cup winner produces ‘Smoke in the Tunnel,’ a film about the Kaprun disaster
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush,’ ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- Hate ski boots but love to ski? This Colorado company created a way to allow skiers to wear snowboard boots
- Frisco workforce-housing project delayed amid rising construction costs
- US beer critic names Frisco’s Outer Range a top new brewery
- Vail Resorts to buy The North Face and Columbia stores in Breckenridge