World’s largest snow fort under construction at Keystone Resort
December 13, 2016
Flake Benders, a local group of professional snow sculptors, are right in the middle of constructing the world's largest snow fort at the top of Dercum Mountain at Keystone Resort. Varying this year from the traditional castle, the snow fort features a series of tunnels, slides and mazes. Artists from Oregon, Michigan, California, Colorado and even Cuba are a part of the team helping construct the fort. Team captain Rick Seeley designed the fort, and the construction of the fort will end up taking 12 days to complete.
The Kidtopia Snow Fort is scheduled to open on Saturday, Dec. 17 and is free to guests with lift access.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Summit
- Alpine Dance Academy’s most fun, laid-back recital of year coming Friday
- Summit Daily reader photos: Is it summer, winter or fall? Either way, we’ll take it.
- Summit High girls rugby team puts on annual Air Band performance
- Halloween activities for kids and adults in Summit County
- LCD Soundsystem, Method Man and Redman, Martin Garrix, Marshmello to play X Games and Belly Up Aspen
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush,’ ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- The fate of skiing: Winter Park Resort bucks trends as industry concerns grow over lack of skiing millennials
- Park County residents rescue dog from 25-foot mine shaft in Fairplay (video)
- Steamboat Ski Area investigating mountain coaster incident
- ‘Opt-out’ votes look like slam dunks in Silverthorne, Dillon