Eric Larson, 45, from Lafayette, Colo., had been skiing at Arapahoe Basin Ski Area when he collapsed at the bottom of a hill on Dec. 26, according to the Summit County Coroner’s Office. He was taken from the ski area to St. Anthony’s Hospital in Lakewood via a Flight For Life helicopter and died within minutes of being admitted to the emergency department, the coroner reported. An autopsy has been scheduled.
Skier collapses at A-Basin, dies at hospital
Trending in: Skiing
- Breckenridge moves ahead with Denison Placer affordable housing project
- CU students present concepts for a new Silverthorne town core
- Colorado Escapist: Spring backcountry skiing in powder magnet Montezuma
- Can Colorado athletes overcome altitude and genetics?
- District Attorney Bruce Brown defends vacation time: 'I'm a public servant. Not a public slave'