Eric Larson, 45, from Lafayette, Colo., had been skiing at Arapahoe Basin Ski Area when he collapsed at the bottom of a hill on Dec. 26, according to the Summit County Coroner’s Office. He was taken from the ski area to St. Anthony’s Hospital in Lakewood via a Flight For Life helicopter and died within minutes of being admitted to the emergency department, the coroner reported. An autopsy has been scheduled.
Skier collapses at A-Basin, dies at hospital
Trending in: Skiing
- Dillon plans large-scale amphitheater renovations
- $350K grant aims to make Summit Cove bike, pedestrian friendly
- Summit High alumna to highlight pursuing passions at weekend graduation
- Take 5: Boulder Olympic triathlete Laura Bennett
- Summit Right Brain: Daniel "Moose" Bednarski is a singer/songwriter from Breckenridge