The annual Fourth of July parade in Breckenridge is set to kick off at 9:30 a.m., followed by a fireworks show at 9:45 p.m.
As residents and guests prepare for the holiday festivities, Breckenridge officials want to make sure the public is aware of several road closures that will restrict travel during the two events.
Sections of Main Street, and some side streets, will be closed for most of the day due to the parade. There also will be closures on Park Avenue, Ski Hill Road and French Street, among others, during the fireworks show. All times listed below are approximate.
July Fourth parade closures — parade begins at 9:30 a.m.
• 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. — Main Street from French Street to Ski Hill Road
• 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. — Main Street from Adams Avenue to south Park Avenue
• 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. — Main Street from Ski Hill Road to Adams Avenue
• 9:15 to 10 a.m. — Southbound south Park Avenue from Village Road to Boreas Pass Road
• 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. — Northbound Colorado Highway 9 from south Ridge Street to Village Road
Main Street from French Street to Ski Hill Road and Adams Avenue to South Park Avenue is scheduled to reopen at 1 p.m. Main Street will completely reopen at approximately 4 p.m.
South Park Avenue will be closed to all southbound traffic at Village Road from 9:15 to 10 a.m. As an alternate route, motorists can turn right onto Boreas Pass Road from French Street and then go left onto Colorado Highway 9.
There will be a detour from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. for all northbound Colorado Highway 9 traffic from the town of Blue River.
Vehicles will be directed to turn right on Ridge Street. As an alternate, motorists can turn right onto Boreas Pass Road and then left on French Street.
July fourth fireworks closures — fireworks begin at 9:45 p.m.
• North Park Avenue from Ski Hill Road to French Street
• French Street between north Main Street and north Park Avenue
• Watson Street