Throughout Summit County every community had its own way of celebrating Independence Day on Friday. One activity unique to Breckenridge attracted hundreds of screaming kids. The Red, White and Blue Fire Department put on the Kids’ Water Fight on Main Street just after noon. For more than two hours, pandemonium ensued as youngsters blasted one another and firefighters with fire hoses. Children scrambled for cover and for a rush of cold, clear water as hundreds watched and cheered them on.
- $350K grant aims to make Summit Cove bike, pedestrian friendly
- Dear Drewbie: Drew and Molly Mikita in Nepal for the Everest Marathon May 29
- Colorado's news roundup: Independence Pass to open this week (05.23.16)
- Summit High recognizes top-5 scholars as graduation nears
- Endless adventure mountain biking from Telluride to Moab on multi-day hut trip