Throughout Summit County every community had its own way of celebrating Independence Day on Friday. One activity unique to Breckenridge attracted hundreds of screaming kids. The Red, White and Blue Fire Department put on the Kids’ Water Fight on Main Street just after noon. For more than two hours, pandemonium ensued as youngsters blasted one another and firefighters with fire hoses. Children scrambled for cover and for a rush of cold, clear water as hundreds watched and cheered them on.
Breckenridge makes a splash with Fourth of July festivities
Trending in: News
- Littwin: Committed to winning the war on terror, in the same old way
- Four-year-old Breckenridge girl bravely faces amputation, chemotherapy
- Earthly Idea: Fracking and natural gas a dangerous addiction
- Dancing with the Mountain Stars fundraiser pairs local celebrities with dancing pros
- Summit Climbing Gym in Silverthorne succeeds as co-op after initial failure