Throughout Summit County every community had its own way of celebrating Independence Day on Friday. One activity unique to Breckenridge attracted hundreds of screaming kids. The Red, White and Blue Fire Department put on the Kids’ Water Fight on Main Street just after noon. For more than two hours, pandemonium ensued as youngsters blasted one another and firefighters with fire hoses. Children scrambled for cover and for a rush of cold, clear water as hundreds watched and cheered them on.
- What to know before skinning Breckenridge, Copper and A-Basin
- Sports Authority to sell all assets, including Summit County store
- Breckenridge transportation talks emphasize walking over parking
- Denver resident dies skiing at Breckenridge Ski Resort on Sunday
- Work It Out: Can weight lifting help or hurt when you're over the hill?