Throughout Summit County every community had its own way of celebrating Independence Day on Friday. One activity unique to Breckenridge attracted hundreds of screaming kids. The Red, White and Blue Fire Department put on the Kids’ Water Fight on Main Street just after noon. For more than two hours, pandemonium ensued as youngsters blasted one another and firefighters with fire hoses. Children scrambled for cover and for a rush of cold, clear water as hundreds watched and cheered them on.
- Arapahoe Basin extends the Colorado ski season to June 14 after wintry May
- We need to talk about suicide in Summit (column)
- Summit County hosts more than 2 dozen trail, road and triathlon races this summer
- Keystone Resort's new head of operations says move from Canyons has been easy
- Breckenridge's 128-acre McCain property is its ace in the hole