Throughout Summit County every community had its own way of celebrating Independence Day on Friday. One activity unique to Breckenridge attracted hundreds of screaming kids. The Red, White and Blue Fire Department put on the Kids’ Water Fight on Main Street just after noon. For more than two hours, pandemonium ensued as youngsters blasted one another and firefighters with fire hoses. Children scrambled for cover and for a rush of cold, clear water as hundreds watched and cheered them on.
- Summit County leaders mobilize to address alarming suicide, mental-health trends
- Abandoned wreckage of two Jeeps near Crystal irks Forest Service
- Breckenridge's Swan River restoration project rises to $2.4 million
- Take 5: Max Bonenberger, 14-year-old ultra runner and Silver Rush 50 finisher
- Find alpine serenity hiking the Oh-Be-Joyful Trail near Crested Butte