Throughout Summit County every community had its own way of celebrating Independence Day on Friday. One activity unique to Breckenridge attracted hundreds of screaming kids. The Red, White and Blue Fire Department put on the Kids’ Water Fight on Main Street just after noon. For more than two hours, pandemonium ensued as youngsters blasted one another and firefighters with fire hoses. Children scrambled for cover and for a rush of cold, clear water as hundreds watched and cheered them on.
- Record-breaking pay parking revenue in Breck
- Local mountain bike racer killed in Crested Butte crash
- Private-land camping startups offer alternative to public lands
- Helicopter crash allegations emerge in lawsuit against Airbus, Air Methods
- Downhill longboarding: An underground realm of motorcycle leathers and freeway speeds on Vail Pass