Thousands of muddy bodies dressed in costumes and stretch pants packed into Copper Mountain Village Saturday, Aug. 16, for the Warrior Dash. The event proved the continued popularity of obstacle-course races. Warrior Dash was one of the first when it started in Illinois in 2009. It’s since expanded to dozens of states and countries around the globe. The ultimate purpose of the races is to raise money for St. Jude Children’s Hospital. Since its first race, the charity has raised $7.5 million for the hospital.
Warriors come out and play at CopperMountain Resort
Trending in: News
- Who causes the nightmare on Interstate 70? Tourists, truckers or CDOT?
- Summit County police blotter: Camper passes out on Montezuma Road, arrested for LSD possession
- Profile: Aaron Landau is betting that Summit County can lure professionals with a balance of quality work and lifestyle
- New coworking alliance helps skiers balance work and play
- Summit County residents rally to organize event celebrating Blake Bostic’s life