Thousands of muddy bodies dressed in costumes and stretch pants packed into Copper Mountain Village Saturday, Aug. 16, for the Warrior Dash. The event proved the continued popularity of obstacle-course races. Warrior Dash was one of the first when it started in Illinois in 2009. It’s since expanded to dozens of states and countries around the globe. The ultimate purpose of the races is to raise money for St. Jude Children’s Hospital. Since its first race, the charity has raised $7.5 million for the hospital.
- Mountain Town News: Diverting food from landfill to composting
- New tour presents ghosts of Breckenridge, without standing in the cold
- The Summit Foundation announces winners of 24th annual Philanthropy Awards
- BMF orchestra secures rising star
- The fido files: A three-legged dog tale looking at bites, euthanasia and names