Mi Casa Mexican Restaurant & Cantina will hold its 28th Annual Celebration of Cinco de Mayo Fiesta to raise funds for the Breckenridge Outdoor Education Center Willie Whalen Memorial Fund. The event begins at 5 p.m. on Thursday, May 5 with a buffet featuring Mexican and Southwestern culinary creations by executive Chef Matt Blake. The menu will include: shrimp and lobster ceviche, roasted squash enchiladas with sweet corn sauce, chorizo-stuffed chicken with habenero cream sauce, grilled salmon with agave jalapeno glaze, pork carnitas, and homemade desserts.A silent auction will be from 5-9 p.m., and includes numerous local gift certificates and sports gear. Happy hour drink prices will be offered all night, and there will be live music with the Mike Rawles Band starting at 9 p.m. There will also be giveaways throughout the evening, including an Epic Ski Pass and skis. Since the event began in 1984, the celebration has contributed more than $350,000 to the BOEC. Organizers' goal is to raise another $25,000 this year. Admission is $20 for adults, and $12 for kids under 12-years-old. Tickets can be purchased at Mi Casa in Breckenridge. For more information, contact Tracey Roach or Julie Ludwig at Mi Casa at (970) 453- 2071.
- Summit’s Mitchell Gray pitches for New Zealand in IBAF 21U Baseball World Cup
- High Country Baking column: Change up your typical pumpkin bread
- Give the bird a rest Thanksgiving in favor of an alternative protein
- New Epic Mountain Gear store opens in Frisco
- Racial disparities an issue in Denver police shootings, I-News inquiry finds