Michael Pierson, a longtime resident of Blue River, died Saturday. Pierson, 43, was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in 2012. He was pronounced dead at 9:30 a.m., according to a statement by the Summit County Coroner. The circumstances and manner of death were consistent with natural causes, Coroner Tim Keeling stated.
- Nurse rushed in to aid 17-year-old cyclist hit by vehicle in Breckenridge Monday
- Summit County fire crews on scene to fight northern Colorado wildfire
- Summit County, Vail Resorts agree to bunks at employee housing in Keystone
- Human-bear conflicts near Keystone lead to campsite shutdowns
- Breckenridge, county celebrate groundbreaking for workforce housing