Michael Pierson, a longtime resident of Blue River, died Saturday. Pierson, 43, was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in 2012. He was pronounced dead at 9:30 a.m., according to a statement by the Summit County Coroner. The circumstances and manner of death were consistent with natural causes, Coroner Tim Keeling stated.
- Hike leads kids along fairy forest trail in Breckenridge
- Mine near Keystone still causing trouble
- Wind Sprints: How do you sleep at night, Summit County? (editor column)
- Mountain Town News: Can British Columbia support a new ski area? (column)
- The bitter majesty of Ginnell Glacier slowly disappearing in Glacier National Park