Michael Pierson, a longtime resident of Blue River, died Saturday. Pierson, 43, was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in 2012. He was pronounced dead at 9:30 a.m., according to a statement by the Summit County Coroner. The circumstances and manner of death were consistent with natural causes, Coroner Tim Keeling stated.
- Hike Summit County: Dark Canyon of the Raggeds Wilderness near Crested Butte
- This Week in Summit County History: Terrible night fire — almost
- Quandary: Fishing regulations on Gold Medal waters and Summit's evacuation plan
- Summit Daily's top stories of the day
- Summit hits record lodging rates for all seasons