Eric Larson, 45, from Lafayette, Colo., had been skiing at Arapahoe Basin Ski Area when he collapsed at the bottom of a hill on Dec. 26, according to the Summit County Coroner’s Office. He was taken from the ski area to St. Anthony’s Hospital in Lakewood via a Flight For Life helicopter and died within minutes of being admitted to the emergency department, the coroner reported. An autopsy has been scheduled.
- Hike leads kids along fairy forest trail in Breckenridge
- Mine near Keystone still causing trouble
- Wind Sprints: How do you sleep at night, Summit County? (editor column)
- The bitter majesty of Ginnell Glacier slowly disappearing in Glacier National Park
- Mountain Town News: Can British Columbia support a new ski area? (column)