The Ullr Fest parade rolled down Main Street in Breckenridge on Thursday, marking the festival’s 51st year. Parade watchers lined the streets and nearby balconies and peered out of windows to see the floats go by. The floats depicted various versions of Ullr, as well as Summit County activities — snowmobiling, sledding, rafting and being pulled by sled dogs. Children picked up candy thrown from the floats and everyone did their best to get at least one picture with Ullr. You can see more photos of the parade and following bonfire by visiting our website at www.summitdaily.com.
- Summit County sheriff race begins with a Republican nomination
- Solar gardens are growing slowly out West
- Surviving Summit: Rethink your core to find relief from back pain
- Colorado lawmakers block future federal water grabs
- National Park Service maps show the country's quietest places are without water, humans