The Summit County Sheriff's Office will be participating in a full-scale emergency preparedness/response exercise today and Wednesday. Participating agencies will be exercising their ability to respond to a mock scenario revolving around wildfires. Part of the evening operations will be a community open house at Summit Middle School from 5-8:30 p.m. today, where information on wildfire readiness programs will be available. Members of the public will also have the opportunity to participate in a simulated community meeting regarding wildfire operations and evacuations.
Public invited to county wildfire exercise
Trending in: Announcements
- Mountain Wheels: All-new Ford Mustang revs up the sex appeal
- Week in Summit: Summit loses two local legends, one a climber, one a rhymer
- Wounded Warrior Project brings vets to Keystone for adaptive skiing
- Longtime Colorado business repeatedly tangles with wage enforcement system
- Copper Mountain instructor offers tips on improving your snowboarding skills