The Summit County Sheriff's Office will be participating in a full-scale emergency preparedness/response exercise today and Wednesday. Participating agencies will be exercising their ability to respond to a mock scenario revolving around wildfires. Part of the evening operations will be a community open house at Summit Middle School from 5-8:30 p.m. today, where information on wildfire readiness programs will be available. Members of the public will also have the opportunity to participate in a simulated community meeting regarding wildfire operations and evacuations.
Public invited to county wildfire exercise
Trending in: Announcements
- Obituary: Marco Tulio Reifsteck
- Colorado State Patrol cadet killed, trooper injured in crash on Colo. 66
- Rep. Polis introduces Continental Divide Wilderness and Recreation Act
- Court records shed light on possible motive in Sue Frank embezzlement case
- Summit County Shooting Range adds site improvments and summer classes thanks to grants