The Summit County Sheriff's Office will be participating in a full-scale emergency preparedness/response exercise today and Wednesday. Participating agencies will be exercising their ability to respond to a mock scenario revolving around wildfires. Part of the evening operations will be a community open house at Summit Middle School from 5-8:30 p.m. today, where information on wildfire readiness programs will be available. Members of the public will also have the opportunity to participate in a simulated community meeting regarding wildfire operations and evacuations.
Public invited to county wildfire exercise
Trending in: Announcements
- Summit County pets available for adoption
- Pets available for adoption in Summit County
- Summit County community notes: 11-23-13
- Summit County’s September births
- Summit County community notes: 10-20-13
- Frisco local Doug Masiuk will run the Appalachian Trail for diabetes awareness
- Summit County police blotter: Vail Resorts employee crashes his boss’ brand new Porsche
- Breckenridge parking survey provides insight into visitor behavior
- Peak School expands with new head of school, more students, renovated building
- As states legalize marijuana, will traffic deaths rise?