The Summit County Sheriff's Office will be participating in a full-scale emergency preparedness/response exercise today and Wednesday. Participating agencies will be exercising their ability to respond to a mock scenario revolving around wildfires. Part of the evening operations will be a community open house at Summit Middle School from 5-8:30 p.m. today, where information on wildfire readiness programs will be available. Members of the public will also have the opportunity to participate in a simulated community meeting regarding wildfire operations and evacuations.
Public invited to county wildfire exercise
Trending in: Announcements
- Breckenridge Grand Vacations owner dies while on tour of Nepal
- Florida man killed in Highway 9 crash
- Cut fiber-optic cable causes Summit County cell outage
- 2015 ski and snowboard videos: Last Champions by Nightmare, Small World, Side Hit Society, Afterglow
- More than 70 new citizens sworn in at Dillon Amphitheater