The Summit County Sheriff's Office will be participating in a full-scale emergency preparedness/response exercise today and Wednesday. Participating agencies will be exercising their ability to respond to a mock scenario revolving around wildfires. Part of the evening operations will be a community open house at Summit Middle School from 5-8:30 p.m. today, where information on wildfire readiness programs will be available. Members of the public will also have the opportunity to participate in a simulated community meeting regarding wildfire operations and evacuations.
Public invited to county wildfire exercise
- Nurse rushed in to aid 17-year-old cyclist hit by vehicle in Breckenridge Monday
- Breckenridge group raises funds for ailing Team Summit member
- Colorado's News Roundup: Beaver Creek Fire spreads into Mount Zirkel Wilderness (06.29.16)
- Summit County fire crews on scene to fight northern Colorado wildfire
- Human-bear conflicts near Keystone lead to campsite shutdowns