The Summit County Sheriff's Office will be participating in a full-scale emergency preparedness/response exercise today and Wednesday. Participating agencies will be exercising their ability to respond to a mock scenario revolving around wildfires. Part of the evening operations will be a community open house at Summit Middle School from 5-8:30 p.m. today, where information on wildfire readiness programs will be available. Members of the public will also have the opportunity to participate in a simulated community meeting regarding wildfire operations and evacuations.
Public invited to county wildfire exercise
Trending in: Announcements
- USA Pro challenge cancels this year's Colo. bike race
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area hopes for new terrain, lifts and zip lines
- Summit County couple met as teens, reconnected 13 years later
- Man suspected in Aspen chairlift push arrested and charged with felony assault
- Fly Fishing Film Tour returns to Silverthorne for third year