The Summit County Sheriff's Office will be participating in a full-scale emergency preparedness/response exercise today and Wednesday. Participating agencies will be exercising their ability to respond to a mock scenario revolving around wildfires. Part of the evening operations will be a community open house at Summit Middle School from 5-8:30 p.m. today, where information on wildfire readiness programs will be available. Members of the public will also have the opportunity to participate in a simulated community meeting regarding wildfire operations and evacuations.
Public invited to county wildfire exercise
Trending in: Announcements
- Pets available for adoption in Summit County
- Summit County community notes: 10-4-13
- Summit County community notes: 11-23-13
- Deadly Frisco motel incident could result in homicide charges, DA says
- Suspect identified in Frisco motel death; victim's injuries consistent with a fight, coroner says
- What you need to know about buying recreational marijuana in Colorado
- Mountain Travel Symposium: Vail Resorts CEO Rob Katz opens up in candid interview
- Mountain Travel Symposium: How can the ski industry grow?