The Summit County Sheriff's Office will be participating in a full-scale emergency preparedness/response exercise today and Wednesday. Participating agencies will be exercising their ability to respond to a mock scenario revolving around wildfires. Part of the evening operations will be a community open house at Summit Middle School from 5-8:30 p.m. today, where information on wildfire readiness programs will be available. Members of the public will also have the opportunity to participate in a simulated community meeting regarding wildfire operations and evacuations.
Public invited to county wildfire exercise
- Summit County names Jaime FitzSimons interim sheriff
- Swift water season arrives for all-volunteer Summit County Water Rescue Team
- Life on 2 Wheels: Santa Cruz enduro rider Leigh Bowe tackles Mt. Sherman at 14,035 feet
- Mountain Wheels: Reimagined Hyundai Elantra takes on big-car character
- Top tagged #ExploreSummit featured photos