The Summit County Sheriff's Office will be participating in a full-scale emergency preparedness/response exercise today and Wednesday. Participating agencies will be exercising their ability to respond to a mock scenario revolving around wildfires. Part of the evening operations will be a community open house at Summit Middle School from 5-8:30 p.m. today, where information on wildfire readiness programs will be available. Members of the public will also have the opportunity to participate in a simulated community meeting regarding wildfire operations and evacuations.
Public invited to county wildfire exercise
- Sports Authority to sell all assets, including Summit County store
- Denver resident dies skiing at Breckenridge Ski Resort on Sunday
- Colorado Escapist: Spring backcountry skiing in powder magnet Montezuma
- Breckenridge transportation talks emphasize walking over parking
- What to know before skinning Breckenridge, Copper and A-Basin