The Summit County Sheriff's Office will be participating in a full-scale emergency preparedness/response exercise today and Wednesday. Participating agencies will be exercising their ability to respond to a mock scenario revolving around wildfires. Part of the evening operations will be a community open house at Summit Middle School from 5-8:30 p.m. today, where information on wildfire readiness programs will be available. Members of the public will also have the opportunity to participate in a simulated community meeting regarding wildfire operations and evacuations.
Public invited to county wildfire exercise
Trending in: Announcements
- 2nd skier dies at Breckenridge Ski Resort in four days
- Alpenglow dispensary opens first marijuana shop in Dillon
- Avery Brewing Co. opens new brewery in Boulder, expands Summit beer options
- 26th annual Tim McClure benefit honors local environmental pioneer
- Ski Tip Lodge in Keystone ranked No. 6 in country by OpenTable diners