The Summit County Sheriff’s Office will be participating in a full-scale emergency preparedness/response exercise on Tuesday, April 30, and Wednesday, May 1, 2013. Participating agencies will be practicing their ability to respond to a mock wildfire scenario. Part of the evening operations will be a community open house at Summit Middle School from 5-8:30 p.m. on April 30, at which information on wildfire-readiness programs will be available. The public will have the opportunity to participate in a simulated community meeting regarding wildfire operations and evacuations.
Public invited to county wildfire-preparadeness exercise
Trending in: Announcements
- Toxicology report released following Keystone marijuana suicide
- Keystone announces summer festivals from bacon to wine to music
- Summit County group petitions for halt of Ophir Mountain clear-cutting
- Maryland Creek Ranch property in Silverthorne sees first round of changes
- Frisco's town council looks at buying First and Main property