The Summit County Sheriff’s Office will be participating in a full-scale emergency preparedness/response exercise on Tuesday, April 30, and Wednesday, May 1, 2013. Participating agencies will be practicing their ability to respond to a mock wildfire scenario. Part of the evening operations will be a community open house at Summit Middle School from 5-8:30 p.m. on April 30, at which information on wildfire-readiness programs will be available. The public will have the opportunity to participate in a simulated community meeting regarding wildfire operations and evacuations.
Public invited to county wildfire-preparadeness exercise
Trending in: Announcements
- Sierra Hull headlines second day of Keystone’s Winter Bluegrass Weekend
- Summit County hosts first free electronics, pharmaceuticals collection event
- Copper Mountain instructor offers tips on improving your snowboarding skills
- Week in Summit: Summit loses two local legends, one a climber, one a rhymer
- “Good to Know Colorado” becomes the first-ever retail marijuana campaign