The Summit County Sheriff’s Office will be participating in a full-scale emergency preparedness/response exercise on Tuesday, April 30, and Wednesday, May 1, 2013. Participating agencies will be practicing their ability to respond to a mock wildfire scenario. Part of the evening operations will be a community open house at Summit Middle School from 5-8:30 p.m. on April 30, at which information on wildfire-readiness programs will be available. The public will have the opportunity to participate in a simulated community meeting regarding wildfire operations and evacuations.
- First overnight marijuana hotel in Summit County opens in Silverthorne
- Littwin: The great pot shot
- Summit County restaurants offer alternatives to cooking for Christmas
- Survivor of Stevens Pass avalanche to speak at Copper Mountain Resort safety clinic
- Holiday activities and events around Summit County for all ages