The Summit County Sheriff’s Office will be participating in a full-scale emergency preparedness/response exercise on Tuesday, April 30, and Wednesday, May 1, 2013. Participating agencies will be practicing their ability to respond to a mock wildfire scenario. Part of the evening operations will be a community open house at Summit Middle School from 5-8:30 p.m. on April 30, at which information on wildfire-readiness programs will be available. The public will have the opportunity to participate in a simulated community meeting regarding wildfire operations and evacuations.
Public invited to county wildfire-preparadeness exercise
Trending in: Announcements
- Skull found on Frisco mountain identified as missing Breckenridge man
- Breckenridge Grand Vacations owner dies while on tour of Nepal
- Interstate-70 delays expected this week
- Summit County pursues broadband ballot measure after AT&T pulls cell tower plans
- Summit County school board candidates agree to public forum