The Summit County Sheriff’s Office will be participating in a full-scale emergency preparedness/response exercise on Tuesday, April 30, and Wednesday, May 1, 2013. Participating agencies will be practicing their ability to respond to a mock wildfire scenario. Part of the evening operations will be a community open house at Summit Middle School from 5-8:30 p.m. on April 30, at which information on wildfire-readiness programs will be available. The public will have the opportunity to participate in a simulated community meeting regarding wildfire operations and evacuations.
Public invited to county wildfire-preparadeness exercise
- Summit County woman one of many misdiagnosed with MS, lawsuit says
- Dillon Valley the hot market in Summit County condo sales
- Occupancy of Breckenridge's Main Street Station jumps under new ownership
- Breckenridge Hogfest celebrates bourbon and bacon with Tender Belly
- Cross-country run stops in Summit County to raise suicide awareness