Eric Larson, 45, from Lafayette, Colo., had been skiing at Arapahoe Basin Ski Area when he collapsed at the bottom of a hill on Dec. 26, according to the Summit County Coroner’s Office. He was taken from the ski area to St. Anthony’s Hospital in Lakewood via a Flight For Life helicopter and died within minutes of being admitted to the emergency department, the coroner reported. An autopsy has been scheduled.
Skier collapses at A-Basin, dies at hospital
- As cannabis becomes more mainstream, couples start incorporating it in weddings
- Summit County Bike Guide: Oro Grande Trail (video)
- Editor's picks: Summit County's best bets for the weekend
- Sleep apnea at high altitude a hidden hindrance for endurance athletes
- Silverthorne kicks off summer with free bikes, safety info