Summit County Notes 5-23-13
June 3, 2013
Dialogue Over Dinner today
Join FIRC today for Dialogue Over Dinner. The topic is "Be Informed: Talking to your Teen about Drugs and Alcohol", presented by Jordan Schultz, MSW Drug Free Communities Coordinator, Youth & Family Services from 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. at Summit Middle School Cafeteria. Learn more information about trends of use in Summit County, tools and resources for parents, and how to identify and talk to teens about use. The evening is free and includes dinner and childcare. Please RSVP with Kerri 970-262-3888 ext. 330 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keystone Science School seeks volunteers
How can you make an impact at Keystone Science School? Volunteer opportunities are endless. Thursday, May 23 and/or Friday, May 24 help peel logs for the Tee Pees. Friday, May 24 help us move boxes. Wednesday, May 29 and/or Thursday, May 30 help build floor platforms for the Tee Pees; carpentry especially floor framing experience preferred. Anytime help us with administrative tasks. To confirm your availability or for more information on volunteering, contact Amanda at aseidler@KeystoneScienceSchool.org
Creative writing group looking for new members
Looking to expand your creative writing skills? Summit County Writers group looking for two new members. We meet about 8 times per years at various members homes. We do dinner prior to the meeting. Call (970) 547-9999 or (970) 262-9448.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Announcements
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Amped up: Dillon begins work on $8.4M upgrade to town’s premiere performance venue
- Wolverine returning to Colorado? Federal bureaucracy stands in the way
- Breckenridge-area housing project Trails at Berlin Placer takes 2 steps forward, 1 back
- Your guide to Summit County’s best OHV and Jeep trails