Summit County Notes 5-30-13
Ryan Summerlin June 3, 2013
Memory Loss Support Group
The next meeting of the Summit County Caregiver and Memory Loss Support Group will be Tuesday, at 1 p.m. at the Senior Center in Frisco. The topic of discussion will be “Planning a Vacation with Your Loved One.” Local caregivers are invited to a conference on June 13 in Glenwood Springs. There is no cost to attend. Please call the Summit County Senior and Community Center for details for this event from 8 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at Glenwood Springs High School. Registration by May 30 is required. There is community funding available until July 1 for anyone that would like to take an online training course on caregiving for Alzheimer’s disease. The cost is $35 that will be immediately refunded upon completion of the course. Interested parties can check out the course at www.Alz.org. Please call Sandy Bainbridge at (970) 584-0311 for more details.
Swan Center: new volunteer training class
The Swan Center is hosting a New Volunteer Training class on Saturday. SCO provides leadership and self-awareness programs, with rescued horses, that empower and support youths and adults in the achievement of their life goals. To sign up please visit our website.
Zumba for Oklahoma
Join Cindy McCoy on Saturday for an hour of Zumba to raise money for the Oklahoma tornado victims. We will meet at Lord of the Mountains Church in Dillon at 10:30 a.m. You can feel good times two — exercise and give! Suggested donation amount: generous. Hope to see you there.
Trending In: Announcements
- Suicide rate in Summit County reaching record levels
- Best fall hikes for aspen leaves in Summit County (before they’re gone!)
- Letters: Breck Ski Resort COO talks parking improvements, Frisco residents concerned over zoning
- Election 2016: Health care professionals raise concerns about Amendment 69; supporters say it will cure state’s health care ills
- Rocky Mountain Underground opens 1st combo ski shop, bar in Breckenridge