Bizline: An arts studio for kids and adults in Breckenridge
July 30, 2012
Little Earth Art Studio is a fine arts studio in Breckenridge. It is a fully equipped art and ceramic studio welcoming children and adults of all ages. The art studio invites all who have a desire to create and explore the arts. The Little Earth Art Studio was formerly called The Artist Tree, which was founded by two local artists who worked together to develop a multi-media art studio. The studio specializes in after school art programs, summer camps, field trips, workshops, classes and special art events.
Founders Andrea Kreeger and Connie Johnson are both long-time residents of Summit County and active artists in the community. Both artists are formally trained in their fields and display their artwork locally. Connie has established herself as a devoted watercolor artist, and Andrea is a respected ceramic artist. As of this month, Connie Johnson is discontinuing her participation with the art studio but is thankful for the opportunity to have worked toward her long-time dream and for the involvement with the development of the studio. The Little Earth Art Studio is continuing art education for the community with the same integrity and character at the same location on Airport Road.
The Little Earth Art Studio will continue to stand out and offer excellent art educational services. The plan is to expand and innovate the popular and nurturing after-school programs, which provide a fun and friendly educational environment where kids get together to explore many new art concepts. During the summer, the art studio will offer several different camps for kids that involve a variety of exciting projects.
Adult workshops are typically offered monthly for those wishing to indulge in their creative desires. Workshop participants may experience projects involving textiles, clay, paint, glaze, glass and more. Oftentimes a guest artist will be invited to share their expertise in a specific medium. The Little Earth Studio welcomes all locals and visitors of Summit County to participate in all programs, workshops, and special events. The studio, in the past, has hosted many wonderful groups and guest artists from across the nation.
While the main purpose of The Little Earth Studio is to provide an open and welcoming space for the exploration and creation of the arts, the studio has local artists’ original artwork and some art supplies for sale.
The studio hopes to continue growing and expanding its programs to accommodate both local and visiting artists. In addition providing classes and special events in different art mediums, the studio will provide open studio time for those independent artists. The hope for the Little Earth Art Studio is to support the community’s need for an open inspirational art space and to bring the enjoyment of the artistic experience to all. You are welcome to visit Little Earth Art Studio: 1795 Airport Road, (Unit- A1), Breckenridge, go to http://www.littleearthartstudio.com or call (970)-453-5900.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Business
- Longtime Dillon optometrist moves to Frisco, brings in new help, changes names
- Dillon plans large-scale amphitheater renovations
- Mountain Law: Understanding Colorado homestead exemption law
- Colorado Tech Tour highlights Summit County STEM programs
- Frisco amends marijuana regulations, repaving way for pot shop at old A&W
- Frisco’s 10 Mile Music Hall will be biggest venue of its kind in the Rockies, owners say
- Silverthorne construction fatality may have been caused by equipment blind spot, inspectors say
- A sneak peek at the $9 million Silverthorne Performing Arts Center (video, photos)
- Faces of Hope, Part 5: Breckenridge couple learns to live with pain of son’s suicide
- Breckenridge ambulance provider stripped of transport rights after spat with county government