Breckenridge, Boulder companies find gold in High Country grease traps
July 29, 2013
Steamboat Springs — Dara Lor wants to deconstruct the metaphor of the supply chain.
Instead of a series of steps or links from suppliers to customers, he describes the system for Summit Greasecycling as a loop.
"The concept is to infuse as much of the benefit into the users," Lor said.
Lor and his co-owner, Dan Fernandez, have built a business around upcycling used cooking oil, but while many other companies are angling for the same restaurant clients, they're setting themselves apart with a Colorado-centric approach and a business-sense appeal.
For the full story visit: http://www.steamboattoday.com/news/2013/jul/26/summit-county-companies-collect-repurpose-steamboa/
Trending In: Business
- REI coming to Dillon next spring, shaking up Summit County outdoor retail market
- Mtn. Law: Must a seller of real estate disclose defects to a potential buyer?
- Summit County grocery delivery services are on the rise
- Summit County locals open French-inspired bistro on Breckenridge Main St.
- Breckenridge resident opens his 100th restaurant at Main Street Station
- Male skier, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Six-story hotel proposal hopes to “put Dillon on the map”
- Summit County real estate prices soar due to high demand, low inventory
- Former Summit Housing Authority director reaches settlement with county
- Lake Tahoe skiing: Amid record snow, Squaw to stay open through July 4