Breckenridge, Boulder companies find gold in High Country grease traps
July 29, 2013
Steamboat Springs — Dara Lor wants to deconstruct the metaphor of the supply chain.
Instead of a series of steps or links from suppliers to customers, he describes the system for Summit Greasecycling as a loop.
"The concept is to infuse as much of the benefit into the users," Lor said.
Lor and his co-owner, Dan Fernandez, have built a business around upcycling used cooking oil, but while many other companies are angling for the same restaurant clients, they're setting themselves apart with a Colorado-centric approach and a business-sense appeal.
For the full story visit: http://www.steamboattoday.com/news/2013/jul/26/summit-county-companies-collect-repurpose-steamboa/
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Business
- Pizza Factory owner says $90K needed to start Summit County store
- Breckenridge Town Council to vote on marijuana ordinance forcing downtown Cannabis Club to move
- Owner of Silverthorne’s Everist Materials hopes recent merger will give staff opportunity to grow
- Silverthorne partners with Outlets in redevelopment of town core
- Mountain Law: Understanding Colorado homestead exemption law
- Colorado 14er for sale: Buy Culebra Peak in the Sangre de Cristo Range for $105 million
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Summit County visitor captures possible mountain lion screams on video in Keystone
- Photos: Peak 2 Fire burn area update
- After 30-foot tumble off Mount Royal, 73-year-old woman able to shake it off