Breckenridge marketing firm Wilson Lass merges with The Brandon Agency
December 17, 2013
Breckenridge-based marketing and creative agency Wilson Lass has merged with The Brandon Agency of South Carolina to form Wilson Lass + Brandon, in order to offer broader services and expertise to their clients.
Wilson Lass principal and founder Meg Lass said she is excited about the merger, though she wasn't originally seeking out a partnership.
"It came out of the blue," she said. "But we were really looking to expand our interactive side, to add better social media and web development services. They are a much bigger company."
Founded in 1981, Wilson Lass works with clients such as the Breckenridge Ski Resort, the Summit Foundation, Summit Community Care Clinic, and other real estate, hospitality and recreation companies. The merger is the result of The Brandon Agency looking for opportunities to grow outside the East Coast, and Wilson Lass' desire to increase in-house resources.
"They were very interested in being part of Colorado," Lass said. "It's a wonderful place and I know they had been looking to expand west."
Lass said the companies began discussing a possible merger in April, and met throughout the months to talk about the finer points. A consultant who had worked with both agencies in the past first introduced the two.
"It's sort of like dating," Lass said. "You take the time to meet, and figure out if you have the same business values. You want someone who treats clients the same, treats their staff the same."
Scott Brandon, CEO and president of The Brandon Agency, said in a prepared statement the teams will stay the same for clients, but use each others' expertise.
"So many of our clients and areas of focus are similar, so it makes sense to partner with a strong regional leader within a new market," he said.
Wilson Lass will now become Wilson Lass + Brandon, and will remain in Breckenridge with the same staff. The Brandon Agency will continue to operate under the same name with offices in Charleston, Myrtle Beach, Charlotte and Cleveland.
"We've been in this community 32 years and we love it," Lass said. "We're just adding on some substantial benefits."
To learn more about Wilson Lass + Brandon, visit http://www.wilsonlass.com or call (970) 453-9699.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Business
- Mountain Law: Understanding Colorado homestead exemption law
- Enter the chamber: Frisco business sees results from Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- Well-established Silverthorne restaurant cuts ribbon on massive expansion
- Breckenridge resident opens his 100th restaurant at Main Street Station
- Breckenridge restaurateur revamps, renames Whale’s Tail as Blue Stag Saloon
- Vail Resorts, Summit County strike deal on Keystone workforce housing
- Faces of Hope, Part 1: Frisco mother still coming to terms with her son’s 2006 suicide
- Summit County police blotter: Woman unfazed by bee swarm inside her car
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area to extend season with bonus weekend
- I-70 road update: Eastbound now open at Vail Pass after crash