Breckenridge Startup Weekend meeting today at SBDC in Dillon
April 4, 2014
Organizers of Breckenridge Startup Weekend, originally scheduled for Jan. 31 to Feb. 2, are meeting today in Dillon to discuss rescheduling the entrepreneurial event for August.
The meeting takes place at 5 p.m. at the Northwest Colorado Small Business Development Center located at Colorado Mountain College's Dillon Campus, 325 Fiedler Ave.
Thomas Gerber, president of Business Co-Creation Strategies Inc., said event organizers have rescheduled Breckenridge Startup Weekend for Aug. 15 to 17. Today's meeting is to begin the planning process, set price points and recruit volunteers to start spreading the word about the event to local government bodies, chambers of commerce, community businesses, churches and schools, Gerber said.
Startup Weekend, sponsored by Google for Entrepreneurs, is a nonprofit, 54-hour immersive workshop where entrepreneurs bring ideas, form teams and end the weekend with business plans and pitches.
"We're pitching it as an event that not only could benefit budding entrepreneurs, but also the entire community," Gerber said. "There's a lot of unemployment in the world. I think an easy solution is to help people start more businesses so there are more jobs out there."
Today's meeting is open to the public. For more information, call Gerber at (513) 1665 or 485-0805.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Business
- Owner of Silverthorne’s Everist Materials hopes recent merger will give staff opportunity to grow
- REI coming to Dillon next spring, shaking up Summit County outdoor retail market
- Mountain Law: Understanding Colorado homestead exemption law
- Your Money: My favorite myth: Why are bonuses taxed so high?
- Summit County locals open French-inspired bistro on Breckenridge Main St.