Frisco, Whole Foods Market announce grand opening events
April 20, 2014
The town of Frisco and Whole Foods Market announced a partnership to host two community events prior to the store's April 29 grand opening.
The first event, scheduled from 5 to 8 p.m. Friday, April 25, encompasses a free community concert featuring the '80s band The Goonies, a clambake and farmers market-style tasting with as many as 20 local vendors at the Frisco Adventure Park, 621 Recreation Way.
The culinary feast will be led by Whole Foods Market culinary coordinator, Dennis Horton, and will feature a giant clambake with boiling kettles of clam, corn on the cob, potatoes and Andouille sausage. Some of Breckenridge's brewers and distillers also are expected to make an appearance.
The second event, on Saturday, April 26, features a full day of sneak peek tours of the new Whole Foods Market in Frisco. The informational tours also will include samples and taste tests from local vendors.
Trending In: Business
- REI coming to Dillon next spring, shaking up Summit County outdoor retail market
- Your Money: My favorite myth: Why are bonuses taxed so high?
- Aspen Skiing Co., partners will ponder how to offset Whistler’s exit from Mountain Collective ski pass
- C.B. & Potts Restaurant and Taphouse to open in Breckenridge
- Local property owner sells Silverthorne lot for $7.25 million
- Summit County police blotter: Cop stumbles on freshly-powdered nose
- Lake Tahoe weather: 3+ feet of snow blankets region; power outages begin
- Fremont Recpath receives $4 million in federal funds for construction
- ‘Unstable’ man attacks Aspen police with razor blades
- Take 5: Life of a Copper Mountain avalanche rescue dog