Frisco, Whole Foods Market announce grand opening events
Ryan Summerlin April 20, 2014
The town of Frisco and Whole Foods Market announced a partnership to host two community events prior to the store’s April 29 grand opening.
The first event, scheduled from 5 to 8 p.m. Friday, April 25, encompasses a free community concert featuring the ’80s band The Goonies, a clambake and farmers market-style tasting with as many as 20 local vendors at the Frisco Adventure Park, 621 Recreation Way.
The culinary feast will be led by Whole Foods Market culinary coordinator, Dennis Horton, and will feature a giant clambake with boiling kettles of clam, corn on the cob, potatoes and Andouille sausage. Some of Breckenridge’s brewers and distillers also are expected to make an appearance.
The second event, on Saturday, April 26, features a full day of sneak peek tours of the new Whole Foods Market in Frisco. The informational tours also will include samples and taste tests from local vendors.
Visitors are asked to sign up for tours in advance online at www.eventbrite.com. Additional information also is available on the Whole Foods Market Frisco’s Facebook page.
Trending In: Business
- Summit County summer months see bumps in lodging and tourism numbers
- Several “drive-by” ADA lawsuits filed against Breckenridge businesses
- Mountain Law: Understanding Colorado homestead exemption law
- Your Money: My favorite myth: Why are bonuses taxed so high?
- C.B. & Potts Restaurant and Taphouse to open in Breckenridge
- Rocky Mountain Underground opens 1st combo ski shop, bar in Breckenridge
- Breckenridge hires Anne Murphy as new open space and trails manager
- Letters: Breck Ski Resort COO talks parking improvements, Frisco residents concerned over zoning
- Quandary: Learn about the I-70 Traction Law before the snow hits
- Mountain Town News: Booming summers too much of a good thing? (Column)