Lodge and Spa at Breckenridge to be sold
April 10, 2013
Plans to sell the Lodge and Spa at Breckenridge are under way. HVS Capital Corp, an investment banking arm of HVS for the Americas, has been exclusively appointed to sell the lodge.”Breckenridge has limited lodging supply and high barriers-to-entry. In addition to its unsurpassed views, this property has enjoyed three consecutive years of net operating income increases and includes land approved for development,” Bill Sipple, executive managing director of HVS Capital Corp, stated in a press release. “Skiers and snowboarders who come to explore Peak 6’s new terrain should continue to fuel the RevPAR growth that the Lodge & Spa at Breckenridge has experienced since 2009.”In 2009, Providence Hospitality Partners (PHP), a Denver company, took over management of the Lodge. According to an interview with Hotel Business Magazine, PHP planned to take steps to increase the Lodge’s value, making improvements such as upgrading guest rooms, launching a new food and beverage program and developing the acreage further.The Lodge, located in Breckenridge, sits on a 10.1 acre property that overlooks the Boreas Pass, Breckenridge Ski Resort and the Tenmile mountain range. The lodge hosts a 3,500-square-foot fitness facility and 4,300 square feet of meeting space. The Meridian Spa offers eight different treatment rooms, along with outdoor spa tubs with views of the mountains. The property is also approved for 38,400 square feet of additional development, one of the few sites in Breckenridge with expansion potential.The views afforded by the Lodge, particularly from the deck and ballroom, have added to the attractiveness of the venue, garnering it notice from travel companies including Conde Nast, Expedia and Fodor’s. The Lodge also hosts events, including weddings, 36 of which took place in 2012.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Business
- REI coming to Dillon next spring, shaking up Summit County outdoor retail market
- Owner of Silverthorne’s Everist Materials hopes recent merger will give staff opportunity to grow
- Mountain Law: Understanding Colorado homestead exemption law
- Your Money: My favorite myth: Why are bonuses taxed so high?
- Breckenridge crepe cart owner shares the secret for the perfect pancake
- Clear Creek coroner: Loveland Ski Area ski patrol mishandled dead skier’s body
- Skier dies at Loveland Ski Area Friday
- Report: Faulty hardware, ‘human error’ led to fatal Flight for Life crash in Frisco
- Breckenridge roundabout and trolley updates hope to lessen congestion woes
- Wolf Creek Ski Area death March 25 confirmed as state’s 12th