Mountain Outfitters under new ownership
October 31, 2012
Yet another couple has fallen in love with the town of Breckenridge, and come to stay. Cindy Reese and Doug Bittinger recently moved from Arkansas to take over ownership of Mountain Outfitters, a small backcountry store in downtown Breck.
“We’ve been coming here for the past 12 years,” said Reese of the town. “We really wanted to get out here. This opportunity offered itself and we jumped on it.”
Both Reese and Bittinger are avid outdoor enthusiasts, and interested in preserving the store’s friendly local vibe. This includes keeping on the staff and maintaining the brands currently offered.
“We’re keeping everything how it was,” Reese explained. “That’s why we bought the store- because we loved it for what it was, not what it could be.”
A ribbon cutting ceremony and open house will take place today from 4-6 p.m. at Mountain Outfitters. Beverages and pizza will be provided, and customers can take advantage of one-time sales.
“It’s really just an open house for the community to come and see what’s going on,” said Jennifer Goldstein, membership director of the Breckenridge Resort Chamber. “And it’s a ‘hey, welcome to the community.'”
Trending In: Business
- Local property owner sells Silverthorne lot for $7.25 million
- REI coming to Dillon next spring, shaking up Summit County outdoor retail market
- Hickenlooper appointee files 64 disability access cases
- Summit County locals open French-inspired bistro on Breckenridge Main St.
- Aspen Skiing Co., partners will ponder how to offset Whistler’s exit from Mountain Collective ski pass
- Summit County police blotter: Cop stumbles on freshly-powdered nose
- Lake Tahoe weather: 3+ feet of snow blankets region; power outages begin
- Summit County bars and restaurants taking up the fight against sexual assault
- Vail Resorts to buy Stowe Mountain Resort in Vermont
- Fremont Recpath receives $4 million in federal funds for construction