Mountain Outfitters under new ownership
October 31, 2012
Yet another couple has fallen in love with the town of Breckenridge, and come to stay. Cindy Reese and Doug Bittinger recently moved from Arkansas to take over ownership of Mountain Outfitters, a small backcountry store in downtown Breck.
“We’ve been coming here for the past 12 years,” said Reese of the town. “We really wanted to get out here. This opportunity offered itself and we jumped on it.”
Both Reese and Bittinger are avid outdoor enthusiasts, and interested in preserving the store’s friendly local vibe. This includes keeping on the staff and maintaining the brands currently offered.
“We’re keeping everything how it was,” Reese explained. “That’s why we bought the store- because we loved it for what it was, not what it could be.”
A ribbon cutting ceremony and open house will take place today from 4-6 p.m. at Mountain Outfitters. Beverages and pizza will be provided, and customers can take advantage of one-time sales.
“It’s really just an open house for the community to come and see what’s going on,” said Jennifer Goldstein, membership director of the Breckenridge Resort Chamber. “And it’s a ‘hey, welcome to the community.'”
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Business
- REI coming to Dillon next spring, shaking up Summit County outdoor retail market
- Owner of Silverthorne’s Everist Materials hopes recent merger will give staff opportunity to grow
- Mountain Law: Understanding Colorado homestead exemption law
- Your Money: My favorite myth: Why are bonuses taxed so high?
- Breckenridge crepe cart owner shares the secret for the perfect pancake