Silverthorne Outlets welcomes American Eagle Outfitters
June 3, 2014
The Outlets at Silverthorne this week announced it is welcoming its newest store — the teen clothing brand American Eagle Outfitters.
The new store, which opens Wednesday, June 4, is located in the Red Village, across the courtyard from Bath & Body Works. The address is 135-A Stephens Way.
"It's a great addition to the Red Village, as it marries up beautifully with the tenants already attracting a younger demographic, like the Gap, Columbia Sportswear, Aeropostale and several others," said Jayne Esser, general manager of the outlets. "It's one of the fastest growing and most popular brands, and we're really excited to have them joining some of our other top brands in the Red Village."
American Eagle just last week finished construction of its space. The atmosphere is being described as laid back, complete with a flat-screen television showcasing the latest trends and music.
But at 7,000 square feet, it's also one of the largest stores at the outlets. By comparison, Under Armour occupies 6,500 square feet, Calvin Klein has 6,000 and Columbia Sportswear comes in at 7,000.
"Our large, anchor stores tend to be in that 6,000- to 7,000-square-foot range," Esser said. "It's definitely going to be an anchor store in the Red Village."
In addition, Esser said a number of other big-name retailers are interested in coming to the outlets now that American Eagle has moved in. Esser could not identify those retailers, but said she sensed other brands are looking to capitalize on American Eagle's reputation for attracting a lot of foot traffic.
American Eagle Outfitters Inc. is a leading global specialty retailer offering high-quality on-trend clothing, accessories and personal care products at affordable prices under its American Eagle Outfitters and Aerie brands, according to an outlets news release.
The company operates more than 1,000 stores in the United States, Canada, Mexico, China and Hong Kong, and it ships to more than 81 countries worldwide through its websites.
American Eagle Outfitters is an American clothing, footwear and accessories retailer, the release stated.
Details about a grand-opening and ribbon-cutting ceremony, scheduled for early July, are pending, the release stated.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Business
- Silverthorne developer seeks community feedback on project that could transform town
- Breckenridge resident opens his 100th restaurant at Main Street Station
- Silverthorne woman to open new gallery featuring Southeast Asian art
- Breckenridge restaurateur revamps, renames Whale’s Tail as Blue Stag Saloon
- Dillon plans large-scale amphitheater renovations
- Faces of Hope, Part 1: Frisco mother still coming to terms with her son’s 2006 suicide
- Summit High School honors seven ’17 senior scholars
- Historic Frisco cabin to be disassembled after sagging under years of snow
- Peak School in Frisco awards diplomas to first graduating class
- Snowy Peaks provides nontraditional route across graduation finish line