Silverthorne Outlets welcomes American Eagle Outfitters
June 3, 2014
The Outlets at Silverthorne this week announced it is welcoming its newest store — the teen clothing brand American Eagle Outfitters.
The new store, which opens Wednesday, June 4, is located in the Red Village, across the courtyard from Bath & Body Works. The address is 135-A Stephens Way.
"It's a great addition to the Red Village, as it marries up beautifully with the tenants already attracting a younger demographic, like the Gap, Columbia Sportswear, Aeropostale and several others," said Jayne Esser, general manager of the outlets. "It's one of the fastest growing and most popular brands, and we're really excited to have them joining some of our other top brands in the Red Village."
American Eagle just last week finished construction of its space. The atmosphere is being described as laid back, complete with a flat-screen television showcasing the latest trends and music.
But at 7,000 square feet, it's also one of the largest stores at the outlets. By comparison, Under Armour occupies 6,500 square feet, Calvin Klein has 6,000 and Columbia Sportswear comes in at 7,000.
"Our large, anchor stores tend to be in that 6,000- to 7,000-square-foot range," Esser said. "It's definitely going to be an anchor store in the Red Village."
In addition, Esser said a number of other big-name retailers are interested in coming to the outlets now that American Eagle has moved in. Esser could not identify those retailers, but said she sensed other brands are looking to capitalize on American Eagle's reputation for attracting a lot of foot traffic.
American Eagle Outfitters Inc. is a leading global specialty retailer offering high-quality on-trend clothing, accessories and personal care products at affordable prices under its American Eagle Outfitters and Aerie brands, according to an outlets news release.
The company operates more than 1,000 stores in the United States, Canada, Mexico, China and Hong Kong, and it ships to more than 81 countries worldwide through its websites.
American Eagle Outfitters is an American clothing, footwear and accessories retailer, the release stated.
Details about a grand-opening and ribbon-cutting ceremony, scheduled for early July, are pending, the release stated.
Trending In: Business
- REI coming to Dillon next spring, shaking up Summit County outdoor retail market
- Local property owner sells Silverthorne lot for $7.25 million
- Hickenlooper appointee files 64 disability access cases
- Breckenridge crepe cart owner shares the secret for the perfect pancake
- Aspen Skiing Co., partners will ponder how to offset Whistler’s exit from Mountain Collective ski pass
- Healthy economy, cheap gas prices mean more trips to Summit — and more traffic fatalities
- Summit County bars and restaurants taking up the fight against sexual assault
- Vail Resorts to buy Stowe Mountain Resort in Vermont
- Snowboarder seriously injured at Buttermilk in Aspen
- Summit County assessor triumphs in bulk of initial property-tax appeals