Summit welcomes Murdoch’s Ranch & Home Supply store in Silverthorne
July 17, 2013
Murdoch's Ranch & Home Supply announced Friday it is adding a new retail location in Silverthorne.
Slated to open its doors at 1241 Blue River Parkway in early 2014, the new store will encompass 35,000 to 40,000 square feet of retail space and add 25 to 35 full- and part-time jobs to the Summit County economy, said Kitch Walker, Murdoch's director of marketing.
Murdoch's is best known as a modern ranching supply shop featuring traditional brands like Nutrena, Purina, Hutchison Western and Wrangler, in addition to being the largest independent retailer of Carhartt apparel in the country. It developed a niche market by also offering lifestyle products popular with outdoor enthusiasts, Walker said.
"One of the biggest things we like about Silverthorne is the ranching community that feeds from Kremmling all the way down the valley, plus the core of lifestyle folks who enjoy brands like Keen, Merrel and Silver Jeans Company," Walker said. "Murdoch's is unique because it offers more than what you would find at a typical ranching supply store, so it appeals to everyday hardworking guys and gals, as well as the outdoors folks who enjoy the basics."
Murdoch's was founded in 1994 in Bozeman and currently reaches customers in four states, including Colorado, Wyoming, Nebraska and its native Montana, according to a company news release. When open, the Silverthorne location will mark the company's 10th venture in Colorado.
Murdoch's already operates locations in Clifton, Craig, Fort Morgan, Littleton, Longmont, Montrose, Parker, Salida and Westminster.
"We are excited to expand our family of stores," Walker said in the release. "Colorado residents have been responsive to our company, the way we do business, and the product lines that we are lucky enough to carry in our stores."
The Silverthorne location represents one piece of an aggressive campaign by Murdoch's to expand its presence across its four-state range, and is scheduled to increase to 26 locations by the end of 2014.
"Murdoch's is committed to being responsible and supportive members of the communities we serve," said Murdoch's president Rick Ungersma in a news release. "Our company looks forward to meeting each and every one of you, your families and your four-legged friends soon."
Murdoch's also operates three distribution centers in Belgrade and Missoula, Mont. and another in Laramie, Wyo. Select products are now available online through the new ecommerce website at http://www.murdochs.com.
For more information, special offers and updates visit Murdoch's online and sign up for eHerd. Murdoch's also can be found on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Business
- Mountain Law: Understanding Colorado homestead exemption law
- Breckenridge resident opens his 100th restaurant at Main Street Station
- Owners keep ink in the family at Blue Heron Tattoo in Frisco
- Restaurant properties at a premium along Main Street in Breckenridge
- Breckenridge restaurateur revamps, renames Whale’s Tail as Blue Stag Saloon
- Faces of Hope, Part 1: Frisco mother still coming to terms with her son’s 2006 suicide
- Summit County police blotter: Woman unfazed by bee swarm inside her car
- Vail Resorts, Summit County strike deal on Keystone workforce housing
- Summit County eyes completion of Lake Hill master plan process
- End of an era: Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades