Texas craft brewery announces Front Range expansion
August 6, 2013
Saint Arnold Brewing Co., the oldest craft brewery in Texas, announced Monday it would begin distributing its beers to the Front Range, according to a company news release.
Featuring more than 16 brews, Saint Arnold plans to offer its year-round collection of beers, including Fancy Lawnmower, Elissa IPA and Santo, as well as seasonal and special releases like Pumkinator, Divine Reserve and Saint Arnold Bishop's Barrel.
Colorado craft beer connoisseurs can expect to see the first shipment of Lawnmower, Elissa and Santo in their local liquor stores by mid-September, the release stated.
Saint Arnold's foray into Colorado marks the company's second expansion into an out-of-state market since it was founded in 1994 in Huston. In 2010, the company expanded into Louisiana.
"We've had many requests from Colorado over the years for our beers," said founder and brewer Brock Wagner in the release. "The requests come from both transplanted Texans as well as the many people from Colorado who travel to Texas for business. Our answer had always been, 'There are already lots of great beers in Colorado,' but recently, with both the increase in interest from Colorado and one of our key people moving there, we felt like we could build a community there as we have in Texas and Louisiana."
Named for Saint Arnold of Metz, the patron saint of brewers, Saint Arnold's beers have been recognized with 16 medals at the Great American Beer Festival and 10 World Beer Cup awards, the release stated. Despite its limited geographic reach, Saint Arnold is ranked 45th on the Brewers Association list of top craft breweries.
Recommended Stories For You
Saint Arnold Brewing employs 52 people and operates out of a 104,000-square foot, three-story brick building originally constructed in 1914 that sits on the northern edge of downtown Houston. Saint Arnold's brew house, an imported Bavarian monastery, has an annual capacity of 90,000 barrels, according to the release.
Daily tours and special events attract 100,000 people to the brewery annually, making it one of Houston's top tourist destinations.
For more information about Saint Arnold Brewing Co., visit them online at http://www.saintarnold.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Business
- Vail Resorts to buy The North Face and Columbia stores in Breckenridge
- Mountain Law: Understanding Colorado homestead exemption law
- Summit County’s only McDonald’s to close for 120 days and reemerge a PlayPlace
- How craft breweries are used to revitalize Colorado neighborhoods
- Business briefs: New restaurant, winter gear sale and networking event coming to Summit County
- Rescued Silverthorne hiker recounts how he survived 80 hours lost in Colorado 14er backcountry
- Colorado gem hunters are back near Alma mine that was once a mother lode of rhodochrosite, the official state mineral
- Mountain town news: As Vail Resorts grows, the numbers remain very flat
- Arapahoe Basin once again country’s first ski area to open, marking start of 2017-2018 season
- Girl who fell from Hotel Colorado fights for life, regained consciousness but in ‘extremely critical’ condition, mom says