Eric Larson, 45, from Lafayette, Colo., had been skiing at Arapahoe Basin Ski Area when he collapsed at the bottom of a hill on Dec. 26, according to the Summit County Coroner’s Office. He was taken from the ski area to St. Anthony’s Hospital in Lakewood via a Flight For Life helicopter and died within minutes of being admitted to the emergency department, the coroner reported. An autopsy has been scheduled.
Skier collapses at A-Basin, dies at hospital
Trending in: Crime
- Sports Authority to sell all assets, including Summit County store
- Breckenridge transportation talks emphasize walking over parking
- Denver resident dies skiing at Breckenridge Ski Resort on Sunday
- What to know before skinning Breckenridge, Copper and A-Basin
- Work It Out: Can weight lifting help or hurt when you're over the hill?