Arrests made in Pitkin County Pfister homicide
March 5, 2014
The Pitkin County Sheriff’s Office made two arrests Monday related to the homicide of Nancy Pfister.
William F. Styler III, age 65, and Nancy Christine Styler, age 62, were arrested at the Aspenalt Lodge in Basalt, Colo., without incident at approximately 5:10 p.m. They are in custody at the Pitkin County Jail and are being held without bond.
The Stylers have been charged with murder in the first degree, a class 1 felony, and conspiracy to commit first-degree murder, a class 2 felony.
The Stylers are formerly from Castle Rock, Colo., and moved to Aspen during the fall of 2013, where they rented Pfister’s home at 1833 West Buttermilk Road.
Although two arrests have been made related to this case, an investigation into the events that transpired will continue, the Sheriff’s Office said. The following agencies have assisted and will continue to assist with the Pitkin County Sheriff’s Office ongoing investigation: Aspen Police Department, Colorado Bureau of Investigation, Basalt Police Department, Garfield County Sheriff’s Office, 9th Judicial District Attorney’s Office, Carbondale Police Department and Pitkin County Coroner.
Due to the ongoing investigation court documents will remain sealed.
Trending In: Crime
- Breckenridge dog mauled by mastiff, put down a month later
- Summit County coroner’s survivor program offers help for families impacted by death
- Breckenridge car crash claims life of mother of one from Blue River
- Summit County police blotter: Seven-year-old saves face at Copper Mountain Resort
- Summit County rescuers responded to three avalanches this weekend
- Vail Resorts’ partner submits Keystone workforce housing proposal
- Video footage from Breckenridge’s Race of the Santas; Bernese Mountain Dog parade
- Summit Daily letters: Frisco Town Council rushes to build superblock on Main Street
- Summit School District again bests all-time enrollment total
- 4 winter sports to burn calories and have a blast