Arrests made in Pitkin County Pfister homicide
Ryan Summerlin March 5, 2014
The Pitkin County Sheriff’s Office made two arrests Monday related to the homicide of Nancy Pfister.
William F. Styler III, age 65, and Nancy Christine Styler, age 62, were arrested at the Aspenalt Lodge in Basalt, Colo., without incident at approximately 5:10 p.m. They are in custody at the Pitkin County Jail and are being held without bond.
The Stylers have been charged with murder in the first degree, a class 1 felony, and conspiracy to commit first-degree murder, a class 2 felony.
The Stylers are formerly from Castle Rock, Colo., and moved to Aspen during the fall of 2013, where they rented Pfister’s home at 1833 West Buttermilk Road.
Although two arrests have been made related to this case, an investigation into the events that transpired will continue, the Sheriff’s Office said. The following agencies have assisted and will continue to assist with the Pitkin County Sheriff’s Office ongoing investigation: Aspen Police Department, Colorado Bureau of Investigation, Basalt Police Department, Garfield County Sheriff’s Office, 9th Judicial District Attorney’s Office, Carbondale Police Department and Pitkin County Coroner.
Due to the ongoing investigation court documents will remain sealed.
Trending In: Crime
- Summit County emergency crews stage mass shooter simulation
- 3,000 pot plants seized in illegal Garfield County grow
- Man accused of stealing $550,000 from Summit HOAs wants his case dropped
- Summit County police blotter: This $50 isn’t Pho real
- Summit County police blotter: Baby carted away, then recovered at Lowe’s
- Suicide rate in Summit County reaching record levels
- Summit School District works toward medical marijuana policy for students
- Kelly Samuels: 1969 – 2016
- Best fall hikes for aspen leaves in Summit County (before they’re gone!)
- Election 2016: Health care professionals raise concerns about Amendment 69; supporters say it will cure state’s health care ills