Breckenridge Police Department seeking information about recent theft
May 20, 2014
The Breckenridge Police Department is seeking information from the public about the theft of an underground utility reader from the corner of French Street and Boreas Pass Road.
The theft took place sometime between 12:15 and 1:15 p.m. Thursday, May 15, according to a police department news release. An employee of the United States Infrastructure Co. set the utility reader on the ground in a black bag. When he returned the device was gone.
The stolen device is one half of a two-piece unit. The device should be labeled with an asset sticker with the numbers #95965 or #95967.
The Breckenridge police have identified a silver and black, two-toned Subaru Baja as a vehicle of interest in the theft. The vehicle was in the area at the time of the crime, the release stated.
Anyone with any information is asked to call the Breckenridge Police Department at 453-2941.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Crime
- High Country Crime: Steamboat Springs bear targets string of unlocked cars
- Summit County police blotter: Breckenridge man calls 911 during his own DUI stop
- Summit County police blotter: Man driving high on horse tranquilizers thinks he’s in Greeley
- Summit County police blotter: ‘Shady local woman’ swipes tourist’s pants and wallet in Breckenridge
- High Country Crime: Equifax scammer posing as an Eagle County Sheriff’s detective called that detective
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush,’ ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- Hate ski boots but love to ski? This Colorado company created a way to allow skiers to wear snowboard boots
- Frisco workforce-housing project delayed amid rising construction costs
- US beer critic names Frisco’s Outer Range a top new brewery
- Steamboat Ski Area investigating mountain coaster incident