Breckenridge Police Department to resume winter parking enforcement
October 31, 2013
Tuesday’s overnight snowstorm has many Summit County residents thinking about the slopes.
But the return of winter also means heightened restrictions for many local law enforcement agencies.
Beginning Friday the Breckenridge Police Department will resume enforcement of overnight parking restrictions along town streets and in town-owned lots, according to a police department news release. Parking restrictions will be enforced from 2 to 6 a.m.
Vehicles may park overnight at the ice rink and satellite lots for $5 per night, up to a maximum of 14 nights.
Permits are available on-site at both locations. Oversized vehicles are restricted to the satellite lot on Airport Road, the release stated.
Passes also are available for overnight parking at most local liquor establishments for limited use by patrons who have consumed alcohol and do not feel they are safe to drive. Vehicles must be moved by 11:00 a.m. the following day.
Enforcement in Breckenridge’s paid parking lots — F-Lot, Tiger Dredge, East Sawmill and Wellington — begins Friday, Nov. 8. Parking rates are $3 per hour in all lots. Maximum daily rates are $15 in the Sawmill and Wellington lots and $12 per day in Tiger Dredge and F-Lot.
The police department has a variety of parking permits for sale including residential and employee parking permits. Additionally, the department has a limited number of parking permits available for employees of businesses located outside of the parking district. Permits are subject to restrictions and are available for select areas only.
The town of Breckenridge Public Works Department will post road closure signs on town streets for snow removal 48 hours prior to removal efforts. Vehicles left in these designated areas are subject to tow if they are not moved prior to the start of snow removal operations.
This includes vehicles with a valid parking permit, including patron passes, the release stated.
For more information, contact the town of Breckenridge’s parking administration office at 547-3122 or visiting the Breckenridge Police Department, 150 Valley Brook Street. Additional parking information is available online at http://www.townofbreckenride.com.
Trending In: Crime
- Healthy economy, cheap gas prices mean more trips to Summit — and more traffic fatalities
- Breckenridge drug bust reveals cocaine being sold out of bars, restaurants
- Summit County police blotter: Stoned man’s dance moves not appreciated
- ‘Campaign of terror’: Breckenridge man sentenced to probation in cyberstalking case
- Summit County police blotter: Balsamic bandit busted in Breckenridge
- Breckenridge police issued shelter in place warning due to barricarded individual
- Smell of weed in Denver leads feds to bust of Nebraska marijuana network
- After devastating injuries, Chris Hawks returns to the slopes as a coach
- Hickenlooper appointee files 64 disability access cases
- Mountain Town News: Snow and ice can kill just outside your door (column)