Copper Mountain Fire responds to Interstate 70 crash; woman in critical condition
April 4, 2014
A 37-year-old Westminster woman was rushed to St. Anthony Summit Medical Center Tuesday, April 1, following a one-vehicle crash on Interstate 70 near Copper Mountain Resort.
The crash occurred at about 8:30 p.m. near milepost 195, according to Colorado State Patrol records. The woman was traveling eastbound in a silver Honda sedan when she lost control of the vehicle, which then rolled over, records stated.
Copper Mountain Fire Department, Summit County EMS and employees with the Colorado Department of Transportation joined the state patrol in responding to the scene. A Copper Mountain Fire Department news release confirmed the vehicle rolled over at least three times and came to rest on Copper Road.
Firefighters needed approximately 24 minutes to extricate the woman from the vehicle, the release stated.
After being transported to Summit Medical Center, the woman was stabilized, then flown to St. Anthony Hospital in Lakewood in critical condition, reports stated.
The woman’s current condition is not known.
Colorado State Patrol public information officer Josh Lewis said although the investigation is ongoing, alcohol is suspected of being a contributing factor in the crash.
The highway also was iced over from melting snow and dropping temperatures, according to the fire department release. CDOT workers responded to drop sand in the vicinity of the crash.
Trending In: Crime
- Former Summit County man imprisoned for Ponzi scheme ran similar scam in Dillon
- Surveyor says he’ll be cleared in pot grow case
- Eagle County surveyor arrested for alleged illegal marijuana grow
- Breckenridge dog mauled by mastiff, put down a month later
- Summit County police blotter: Seven-year-old saves face at Copper Mountain Resort
- Summit County locals open French-inspired bistro on Breckenridge Main St.
- Chairlift speed dating event at Loveland Ski Area Saturday
- Myla Rose Saloon opens in Lodge on the Blue (formerly Skier’s Edge) south of Breckenridge
- Summit County weather forecast calls for steady snow throughout weekend
- Former Summit High coach Dylan Hollingsworth charged with assault