Copper Mountain Fire unveils new equipment
Ryan Summerlin May 8, 2014
Copper Mountain residents can expect a new look from their local firefighters as Copper Mountain Fire Department announced last week it has issued the first round of new gear to its personnel.
Copper Fire placed into service 13 new leather helmets from Phenix Technology. One fire crew also received new black turnout gear.
The switches were made in part to promote better visibility, a Copper Mountain Fire Department news release stated. The black bunker gear features lime green reflective strips. Recent studies have shown the black and lime green combination promotes better visibility from greater distances on highways.
The new helmets replace the department’s inventory of composite helmets that have reached the end of their operating period based on National Fire Protection Association standards, the release stated. Leather helmets also will provide firefighters with a better and more balanced fit than the older composite helmets.
Copper Mountain Fire Department plans to outfit its entire crew in black turnout gear in the next two years.
Trending In: Crime
- 3,000 pot plants seized in illegal Garfield County grow
- Man accused of stealing $550,000 from Summit HOAs wants his case dropped
- Summit County police blotter: This $50 isn’t Pho real
- Summit County police blotter: Baby carted away, then recovered at Lowe’s
- Bystanders testify to Bostic’s death in Frisco murder case
- Suicide rate in Summit County reaching record levels
- Best fall hikes for aspen leaves in Summit County (before they’re gone!)
- Letters: Breck Ski Resort COO talks parking improvements, Frisco residents concerned over zoning
- Summit School District works toward medical marijuana policy for students
- Election 2016: Health care professionals raise concerns about Amendment 69; supporters say it will cure state’s health care ills