Copper Mountain Fire unveils new equipment
May 8, 2014
Copper Mountain residents can expect a new look from their local firefighters as Copper Mountain Fire Department announced last week it has issued the first round of new gear to its personnel.
Copper Fire placed into service 13 new leather helmets from Phenix Technology. One fire crew also received new black turnout gear.
The switches were made in part to promote better visibility, a Copper Mountain Fire Department news release stated. The black bunker gear features lime green reflective strips. Recent studies have shown the black and lime green combination promotes better visibility from greater distances on highways.
The new helmets replace the department’s inventory of composite helmets that have reached the end of their operating period based on National Fire Protection Association standards, the release stated. Leather helmets also will provide firefighters with a better and more balanced fit than the older composite helmets.
Copper Mountain Fire Department plans to outfit its entire crew in black turnout gear in the next two years.
Trending In: Crime
- Breckenridge dog mauled by mastiff, put down a month later
- Summit County police blotter: Seven-year-old saves face at Copper Mountain Resort
- Summit School District and sheriff hoping to assign second cop to schools
- 18-year-old cadet dies after skiing accident at Keystone Resort
- #Busted: Summit Cove snowboard thief ID’d within hours through Facebook